Halloween

by Miss Jones 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Miss Jones
    Miss Jones

What is the origin behind Halloween?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

It was started so kid`s could get free candy and to let witness`s know what it`s like having people bang on thier door!

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

TOP TEN REASONS TRICK-OR-TREATING IS BETTER THEN SEX

10. Guaranteed to get at least a little something in the sack.
    9. If you get tired, wait 10 minutes and go at it again.
    8. The uglier you look, the easier it is to get some.
    7. You don't have to compliment the person who gave you candy.
    6. It's OK when the person you're with fantasizes you're someone else, because you ARE someone else.
    5. 40 years from now, you'll still enjoy candy.
    4. If you don't get what you want, you can always go next door.
    3. Doesn't matter if kids hear you moaning and groaning.
    2. Less guilt the next morning. And the Number
    1 Reason Trick-Or-Treating is Better Than Sex...

You can "do" the whole neighborhood!!!

C

When the pain of being where we are, becomes greater than our fear of letting go...we will risk and heal and grow.

• Miss Jones
    Miss Jones

Does anyone have an educated answer to my question? If not, dont waste your time or mine with juvenile lampoons!

• larc
    larc

Miss Jones,

On another thread, you said that you were a college student interested in knowing the origins of the Jehovah's Witnesses. If you go look, you will see that I gave a serious answer to your inquiry. Now the people here are not experts on the origins of Halloween, so why don't you use your college research skills and do a computer search on the subject. I think many of us here considered your question to be frivolous.

• Miss Jones
    Miss Jones

Yes I am a college student. I am also aware that Jehovahs Witnesses do not participate in Halloween. My assumption was made if they do not celebrate it there must be a reason why. I know it has something to do with the origin of Halloween. Thats why the question was asked.
    I figured that if it is not celebrated by them then it must be because of its origin.I see nothing "frivolous" about the question or why it was asked.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

BRAND NEW NAME-SAME OLD GAME.

• Miss Jones
    Miss Jones

Once again I dont know what you are talking about. This isnt a game. Just a question that obviously you can't answer. Until you can, then I would appreciate if you kept your accusations to yourself.

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

OK Miss Jones............ I'll help you out a little. Ever heard of a search engine? Google happens to be a good one to ask one of those fine College professors about.

http://www.ericbarger.com/halloween.htm

Hummmmmm I seem to remember a movie, The Devil in Miss Jones... my ex watched it all the time.

C

When the pain of being where we are, becomes greater than our fear of letting go...we will risk and heal and grow.

• larc
    larc

Miss Jones,

It would help us immensely if you were more explicit when you framed your questions. First of all, the JWs don't celebrate ANY holidays because they are all of pagan origin. Now with that information as a back drop, can't you see that Halloween would be an especially henious holiday with its spooks and goblins and devils?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit