so let me get this straight

by 4digitcode 38 Replies latest watchtower bible

• 4digitcode
    4digitcode

i have been on here for only the past 3 days or so....so i don't really know how it goes.

this is an 'apostate' site right?

so today i've learned that there is just the ol' regular apostate and an 'active' apostate.

But are there actually active witnesses on this site as well??

because i just saw a topic about someone asking for advice on how to do a talk?

i mean i think that rocks! but i sure wasn't expecting it. the first time i tried to visit an apostate site i wasn't df'ed yet and i almost passed out on the floor from the guilt of doing it.

so just want some clarifacation.......i always knew there was one type of witness. we were all little clones of each other but now that i'm out i see there is a great variety both out ...and in as well?gulp. i wish i had been smarter, i would have stayed 'in' still talked to my friends but laugh inside about all hypocrisy ....instead of leaving feeling my soul destroyed by all the hypocrisy.

i feel like that would have been enough revenge for me without having lost one person in particular that i love so much....and that i've been considering going back to meetings in order to get reinstated just to talk to........

*sigh* oh well.

Put me in the know. i really do feel like a newbie.......apostafest????so much to learn........

• minimus
    minimus

We're kewl and you will be too if you hang with us.

• TheListener
    TheListener

Welcome 4digitcode. This board is for everyone. There are many many ex-witnessses here and there are many witnesses here too. We have all kinds - from atheists to born agains. It makes for delightful conversation and pleasant company.

Welcome.

I wouldn't tell you not to get reinstated - that's a personal choice. But, I will tell you that it is a long hard road and you'll have to do some serious mental gymanstics to make it work.

I wish you the best of luck in whatever you choose.

• unique1
    unique1

WELCOME!!

There is a little bit of everyone here. There are those who are active but don't believe but due to family can't fade away. There are those who do fade away (quit going out in service, and attending meetings) they are called faders, there are disassociated and disfellowshipped people on here as well as people who were/are studying, or who have a relative in the truth but have never been a witness themselves. It is pretty much for anyone whose life has been affected by the Witnesses.

• Grammy
    Grammy

Welcome to the board 4digitcode'

the first time i tried to visit an apostate site i wasn't df'ed yet and i almost passed out on the floor from the guilt of doing it.

That is the same way I felt my first time on an apostate site

It was quite accidental and it scared me to death, I left right away but was back a couple of days later to prove to myself what they were saying was not true...thank goodness I went back, it helped free me from the bondage to the WBTS forever! I then found this site and I have learned so much about the JW's and unlearned so much garbage they fed me here it has changed my life.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Hi fourdigit -

You wrote: ....instead of leaving feeling my soul destroyed by all the hypocrisy.

Oh!! This tugs at my heart.

You will so love this place. It will help you heal and grow.

I was a walk-away believer and had been inactive for about 13 years when I found this place. I was waiting for the cong/org to change. Now I know they never really will - or that it doesn't really matter. They don't have the truth. Time to get on with the life that I put on hold for a couple decades.

Apostafest - It's not quite as evil as it sounds. More like a snub in the nose to the org. Just a normal gathering (big or small) of people trying to live normal lives. (Whatever that is...)

Welcome to JWD. You like it here.

Oh! and yes. There are both active, inactive, witnesses here. Some are even elders and we get advance info on upcoming events before they are announced to the cong. We're special. But most of us are ex-witnesses and some have family and/or friends who are witnesses.

-Denise.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Welcome! I am WAC, I spent 10 years in NEW YORK BETHEL and some time as an ELDER. I experienced what you experienced coming to this site. Crazy huh? Anyway, take your time ... there is lots to see. You can PM me anytime.

If you are in SO CAL contact me.

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Hello, Good evening and welcome...

Yes, there is a wide array of people here as previous posters have said.

I would imagine that those people looking for advice on giving a talk are those that are "still in" for personal reasons (usually family ties ?) but many more reasons exsist other than that.

Some posters like to give a talk at a meeting that is "Just JW enough" and also might sew a few seeds among the listeners.

It seems like you've sussed that we are a varied bunch... hope that you stay and continue to post.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

Welcome to the board! I still dont consider myself an "apostate", unless you go by the dictionary version. Im just a plain ole person who was dfed, and lost most of my family to the religion. Met myself a new family here! Its great. We all have so much in common. I found it strange when i saw there were elders posting here!! Or people who went to bethel? WOW, it blew my mind.

Stick around, you will fit right in!

• TIMBOB
    TIMBOB

I am quite new myself. Iv only been on here a couple of months. I am still somewhat active, I go to meetings, but havent been regular in a while. I am what is called on here a fader. But, I am not out. I am still doing my own personal reasearch that will help me with that decision.

I Was never really scared to read what was said on here. There are alot of opinons that are stated and its up to take in what you want. But, there are also some really worthwhile points that people make.

Anyways, hope you have a good experience. So far I have.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit