Can The Dead Be Brought Back To Life?

by The wanderer 17 Replies latest jw friends

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

That is a very poorly written article. Lot's of presumption, little science. Note how they presumed that there was no brain activity. Unless you've got someone in an MRI machine, how can you really know when the brain stops functioning after blood flow stops? And there is no mention of the people who have been resusitated with brain damage resulting in mental retardation and physical impairments due to brain damage. Is there any part of our thought process that is not dependent on the brain? Neither science nor religion has yet to answer this.

Miracle Max: [Lifts and drops the arm of the dead Westley] I've seen worse.

Miracle Max: He probably owes you money huh? I'll ask him.

Inigo Montoya: He's dead. He can't talk.

Miracle Max: Whoo-hoo-hoo, look who knows so much. It just so happens that your friend here is only MOSTLY dead. There's a big difference between mostly dead and all dead. Mostly dead is slightly alive. With all dead, well, with all dead there's usually only one thing you can do.

Inigo Montoya: What's that?

Miracle Max: Go through his clothes and look for loose change.

- from "The Princess Bride"

Dave

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

For those interested, there is a web site about NDE and the afterlife. Some of the stories on there are quite interesting.

http://www.near-death.com/

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Ask this guy-

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

nvrgnbk: Oh sweet mystery of life at last I found you....

• Open mind
    Open mind

Absolutely. No doubt about it.

I've done it many times myself.

Just introduce the concluding song and prayer.

;-)

Open Mind

• lv4fer
    lv4fer

There is a book called 90 Minutes in Heaven. Its about a guy who was in a bad car accident and was dead and then came back. Great book a must read. I work in the medical field, in the Cath Lab actually. There have been several times where we have worked on someone for an hour or so and they make it. What I mean by this is they are not breathing and they do not have a pulse, their heart is not beating, we are doing CPR and breathing for them. I would consider that pretty much dead. The only reason they come back with their brain in tact is because of good CPR and that we intubated them. Where is their soul during that time I have no idea. I don't get to talk to them later.

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

LOL....Really LOL at Open Mind...

• emptywords
    emptywords

Jesus reserected the dead. I believe he can.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit