"hacking" the wt lib and results

by DeusMauzzim 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• NanaR
    NanaR

No hacking is required to find the amount of scripture read in Catholic services:

http://catholic-resources.org/Lectionary/Statistics.htm

Ruth

• VM44
    VM44

Good Work!

This shows that the Watchtower indeed uses the Bible.....to promote itself!

--VM44

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Fascinating! I would be interested to know what the x-axis represents.

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

btt... for BiteMe.

Also, how did you manage to extract the citations?

Excellent work

• oompa
    oompa

Well rock my world. I love stuff like this and am so glad you took the time to do this. I will admit though that if I had my own "christian" church, I would probably use limited portions of the bible a lot more than others. So much of it is pretty tedious....oompa

• bite me
    bite me

Wow, that was interesting. It is kind of what I am looking for. Thank you for who ever put that together and posted it. :-)

Ps.. does anyone know where I can change my display name here? I can't find the settings to do it.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

excellent chart!

Now if only we could get this down the the exact verses! Then we would see 20-40% of the Bible not even being touched.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Just wanted to add that another great study to do on JW publications is word counts

I found out some pretty crazy stuff by doing word counts in the literature. It's really easy to see that the Proclaimers book is simply ment to appear as if it is a huge book, but when you look at the word count it is actually less than books half its size (because of all the pictures). Also, the new 'Bible Teach' book is somewhere around 1/3 to 1/2 as much text as the old 'Paradise' book. Guess people don't need to learn as much these days. ;)

• DeusMauzzim
    DeusMauzzim

Lol seems this thread was resurrected..

Welcome to the board BiteMe! Glad we could help you with your question!

I have not been able to narrow the graph to individual verses because, for example, if you search for [Mat 24:14], the wt lib also lists citations like [Mat 23:6 - Mat 24:18]

Still this might give an impression.. When this thread was new someone made the very interesting observation that the top-5 chapters all have to with legitimizing and consolidating the power of the governing body.

Enjoy your time here!

- Deus Mauzzim

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit