How to get out?

by HelpMe1 34 Replies latest jw experiences

• Sarah Smiles
    Sarah Smiles

oh one more thought,LOL. I am on a roll.

Do not ask him why he is not going. During dinner state , " I am so happy that we are not going to meetings because I love each moment we spend together."

That will open doors!

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Welcome to JWD,

You have no idea how lucky you are!!! He's not baptized and you are not baptized - the only problem is the mother -in-law. Whatever you do, DON'T GET BAPTIZED!

Is he a momma's boy?? Just be careful not to throw too many things at him at once, go slowly and as someone else already suggested, make other plans on meeting nights.

Depending where you live, maybe some outdoor free concert or movies, romantic dinner.... I'm sure you can think of something.

Let us know how things are going.

nj

• changeling
    changeling

You guys are not baptized - yippee - ! You are free to do as you wish.

Now you just have to train mommy in law to keep her place.That might be tough!

changeling

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

jgnat, i want to get steven hassans books but can't find them. where can you get them?

• K-DOG
    K-DOG

Be very careful. If you want to maintain your relationship with your husband you must move cautiously. Since it seems he is a mommy pleaser, you may have her to deal with. My ex is still a witness so I have been slowly giving my kids info for a year so they are coming to see that the borg is not all that people say it is. Do your research ask questions of him that will cause him to question teaching but dont be confrontational. It is amazing how well using witness tactics against them works. Never giving direct answers, making them bear burden of proof, and then sidestepping issues when the heat is on. K-DOG

• jgnat
    jgnat

bigdreaux, with every mention of Steve Hassan's books, I also give his site. You can order his books from there. www.freedomofmind.com

He's also on Amazon:

Combatting Cult Mind Control: The #1 Best-selling Guide to Protection, Rescue, and Recovery from Destructive Cults by Steven Hassan ( Paperback - Oct 1, 1990)

• emptywords
    emptywords

He appears to be almost free from mommy, just give him heaps of cuddles and lots of attention, and picnics, good sex, and be nice to mommy and avoid serious JW talk.

• HelpMe1
    HelpMe1
    Okay, here is the new update as of last night. The Elder that I previously mentioned sent him a text message last night for about the 5th time in the last week saying "Hi how are you?" and he actualy replied this time and said "I'm good how are you?" Then elder replied, "I'm good see you tomorrow night" (the book study) and then hubby said "yep". Ugh I don't know what to do, I was trying so hard last night to not say anything. So if tonight he says we are going, what do I say? Do I confront him about why we are now going all of a sudden after 2 months? He has no idea that I even feel this way about JW's he thinks I still believe it like I used to. I just don't know...
    Okay, here is the new u
  • jgnat
    jgnat
    So if tonight he says we are going, what do I say? Do I confront him about why we are now going all of a sudden after 2 months? He has no idea that I even feel this way about JW's he thinks I still believe it like I used to. I just don't know...

Now is not the time. Do your research first. Your husband's "cult personality" texted the elder back. Your hubby has a proven record of AVOIDING confrontation. By the way, I can about guarantee your M-I-L put the elder up to the harrassment. On the plus side, guilt only works for a time. If your hubby has secret doubts, he won't be able to keep up the charade forever.

Today, help your hubby with his tie and tell him to have a wonderful time. Make yourself a tall iced tea and rent yourself a chick movie, like Music and Lyrics. Lady's night! Pray the day is a scorcher.

By the way, they're studying about chapter 17 or 18 of the Revelation book, which is all about natural disasters, earthquakes, and all the horrible things that are about to happen to humanity "any day now". It's fear-mongering and your hubby may be a little jumpy afterwards.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Start dinner late...or make plans NOW, for something like a picnic or a movie....before he mentions the meeting. Then when he says...it's meeting night, you can look all disapointed.

Good luck

lisa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit