Name Things You Admire About Jehovah's Witnesses

by minimus 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Angharad
    Angharad

A good proportion of Witnesses are decent people, you may not agree with what they believe but there is no need to generalize and label them all as liars and bad people.

A lot of us here still have family in who we care about and DONT fit into your distorted stereotype.

• Twitch
    Twitch

That there's only six million of 'em. A relatively small religious microcosm skewed too far to be mainstream and thus more powerful than it should be.

With apologies to all who suffer because of it. Take solace in the fact that it cannot take off because it could not survive without having the "world" against it. And that people in general are smarter than the Boys from Brazil, er, Brooklyn.

• Open mind
    Open mind

The ability to sniff out all Yard/garage sales in a five mile radius. And the really good ones still count time.

Open Mind

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Man, I'm really drawing a blank on this one.

BB

• BFD
    BFD

I would have to say I admire thier patience. That's all I could come up with.

BFD

• R.F.
  • Brigid
    Brigid

This is something I have been thinking about a little here and there. There's really not much that I admire or hate about the religion.

But I have thought that perhaps their "moral" strictness serves some sort of utilitarian purpose in a twisted sort of way:

Lately, I have wondered if being brought up in the structure of the cult (suffocating as it was) helped alleviate some of the potential chaos of the nuclear family into which I was born. Then again, it could have made things worse...I will never know because it simply is what it is. I think that strict religions to stifling cults sometimes "house" souls that may not be quite ready for prime time. Some people need (like toddlers) very very strict supervision and the fear of a punitive sky-daddy to prevent them from hurting themselves and others. They can't just "intuit" some things. When the soul matures, they can become more and more self-regulatory just as when the human grows from infancy to adulthood.

Then again, what do I know?

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Their ability to shitbottle a 26'er of Whiskey on a Saturday night and still make it to the Sunday morning meeting.

GBL

• Mary
    Mary

They're the only group of people where their 5 year old can correctly interpret what "MENE, MENE, TEKEL, PARSIN" means.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

the way they look forward to the end of the world, like a kid going to Disneyland.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit