Man sues God for "fraud and "betrayal of trust"

by nvrgnbk 14 Replies latest jw friends

• nvrgnbk
  • poppers
    poppers

The page comes up but there is no article appearing.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Just testing here:

http://www.mg.co.za/articlepage.aspx?area=/breaking_news/other_news/&articleid=313718

edit to add nope didn't work! I found it though:

A Romanian man who sued God for "fraud" and "betrayal of trust" for failing to answer his prayers has had his case dismissed in court, a newspaper reported on Wednesday.

Mircea Pavel (40), who is serving 20 years in prison for murder, brought charges against "the defendant God, who lives in the heavens and is represented in Romania by the Orthodox Church", the daily Evenimentul Zilei reported.

He accused God of "fraud, betrayal of trust, corruption and influence peddling".

"At my christening, I made a deal with the defendant aimed at freeing me from evil. But the latter has not respected that agreement until now, although he received from me various assets and numerous prayers," Pavel wrote.

The court in Timisoara, in western Romania, dismissed the case, ruling that "God is not subject to law and does not have an address". -- Sapa-AFP
  • nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Weird.

It's doing the same to me poppers.

Thanks sad emo!

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

No prob Nvr - I think it must be JWD that's blocking it because I pasted a fresh link into an email and the whole lot showed up there - that was the one I tried out here just now - but still nothing Gonna check my pc for tons of spyware now lol!

Re the article - some people will try anything to get money. On the lighter side I suspect the defendant would say he did free the guy from evil at Baptism but he chose to go back to it anyway!

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

nvr ! I wasn't on the forum yesterday and I see you are back !

I was afarid that nevergoingback was nevercomingback !

Yea !

• smellsgood
    smellsgood

So...many...things...to...make fun of. This is just soooo silly.

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

Since god created us in his image,

I would like to sue because....

• I could have been blessed with a higher IQ
    • I could have been blessed with bigger boobs.
    • I could have been blessed with a trimmer figure.
    • I could have been blessed with longer legs.
    • I could have been blessed with a cuter nose.
    • I could have been blessed with Blue eyes.....etc

you guts get the point.

I have lot's of reasons for which I feel cheated and let down, now where do I find this dingbat lawyer, I need him to take my case.

• poppers
    poppers

"now where do I find this dingbat lawyer,"

I am afraid Johnnie Cochrane has died and is now representing god - that's his only hope.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

I just thought (it was the comment about dingbat lawyers!) - I wonder if he'll appeal to the European Court of Human Rights?

He'd probably win his case there

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit