Crazy-Ass Apostates

by GetBusyLiving 12 Replies latest jw friends

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Whats the most outrageous thing you have ever heard of an apostate doing to get back at the Witnesses?

A while back on here I heard of some guy that was hugely pissed about the 1975 fiasco. He dressed up in one of those ancient drama outfits and stormed the stage at a convention screaming, " I'M THE FAITHFUL AND DISCREET SLAVE!!!!". Pretty funny.

GBL

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

I heard there was some guy in the 80's who used to dress up in a big Mr. Coffee costume and hang out in front of Brooklyn Bethel. My brother said he was an apostate and used to speak in tongues or have seizures, something like that. Though I don't get the point of the costume; it sounds like a joke, but I've heard about this guy from several people.

• veen
    veen

I went to Brooklyn Bethel last year and had my photo taken in the lobby giving the 'horns' sign. Went in the museum bit. No mention of pyramids.

• lrkr
    lrkr

I heard of some guys going to the memorial, sitting in the middle of the row of seats (so the attendants couldn't get to them) and drinking all of the wine and eating all of the bread when it was passed. Created some confusion as everyone tried to figure out where to get more wine and bread for the rest of the audience.

(PS- I don't agree with tactics like this)

• Missanna
    Missanna

i remember when i was really little a guy stormed in to our KH and just stood there by the stage looking at the guy giving the talk. when the brothers tried to take him away he fought them and started yelling. i don't know if he was an apostate or a crazy homeless guy but either way i thought it was interesting.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

not sure if she was an Apostate or just had mental issues, but when I was a kid there was a lady who tried to attack the speaker with a knife, it was a thursday night at kingdumb hall. It wasn't scary or anything but it woke me up.

• Odrade
    Odrade

My dad tells this story of how one year when he was working security at a D.C. a guy on roller skates, dressed in a nun's habit rolled into the stadium with ballon bouquets. He wanted to skate into the arena and hand out helium balloons with bible messages inside. Pop the balloon get a scripture. LOL! Yeah, they surrounded him and wheeled him right out the door. I didn't get to see it though. :(

I also remember a guy here in Portland who had a freakin' long white beard, standing on the bus benches, hopping from bench to bench preaching a hellfire and damnation sermon at the top of his lungs at all the departing JWs after the session was over. Don't think he was an apostate though, just a crazy fundie.

Good stuff.

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

insomniac, i had a friend that was in bethel at the time of "mr. coffee" as they called him. he thought witnesses couldn't have stimulants, but drank coffee. i never heard of no stimulants in the jw's only the mormans. of course, i spent about 25 years daydreaming at meetings, so, maybe this one slipped past me. lol

• Open mind
    Open mind

I remember some guy "streaking" along the stadium outfield of our District Convention in the 70's. Dunno if he was apostate or not. It was definitely the highlight of the convention for most of us though.

Open Mind

• Mincan
    Mincan

A guy dressing up in an old Jewish Garment yelling "No, I'm the Faithful and Discreet Slave!" during the drama is something I'm going to do before I die!!! That was so freakin funny. I'm going to have to plan to do that next year...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit