My Husband is Lost to THEM

by Mrs. Witness 34 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Scully
    Scully

Speaking in terms of addiction, an excellent book (which doesn't attack JWs, btw, so your husband may be more receptive to looking at it) is called:

When God Becomes A Drug: Breaking the Chains of Religious Addiction & Abuse by Fr. Leo Booth (Foreward by John Bradshaw)
    Publisher: Jeremy P. Tarcher/Putnam Publishing Group
    Published 1992
    ISBN: 0-87477-703-8

You may be able to get it from a public library or from an online book source as it is currently out of print. Basically, Booth uses a 12-step method (similar to AA) to address religious addiction and the abuse that stems from it.

From the book jacket:

If the church has taken God away from you, Booth's book can be your source of reconnection to wholeness, and to understand how religious addictioni has separated you from yourself and God within.
    If you have a suspicion that you may be using religion in a compulsive way, then you owe it to yourself to read When God Becomes A Drug... if you're just curious about the phenomenon, you'll learn a lot here.

This was one of the first books I read when I started the process of exiting the JWs. I still have my copy because it is a great reference tool.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

If there WAS premarital sex involved....a simple phone call to the elders would end up in some serious questioning for him to deal with....and the "love" he thinks he might be assured of from the "brothers" could soon dissolve into months of him being made to grovel to get back into their good graces! He just might forget how "important" all this WTS stuff was and get on with your marriage and your life together.

It was extremely sneaky of him to dump this all on you this way, and I would think about finding something that would surprise HIM in pretty much the same way and have the same impact. The whole thing stinks....but then....so does the Watchtower.

• Mrs. Witness
    Mrs. Witness

Thanks for the book Scully!

• Sarah Smiles
    Sarah Smiles

YOUR husband has a long way to go, so hang in there and try not to take his new found faith to serious. I can tell you from personal experience it might fade!

Reality will hit him soon! and you will be there for him. :-)

• Flowerpetal
    Flowerpetal

Welcome Mrs. Witness! Lots of good advice posted here. I hope you find a solution to your dilemma.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit