Death of a JW (My weekend experience)

by teenyuck 12 Replies latest jw friends

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Chester the Molester was the name my mother and aunts called their father when he was not around. Or "the buzzard".
    He was extremely tight with a dollar-hence that nick name.

I really appreciate the opportunity to write and have objective people "listen." When trying to discuss issues with my
    mother, she gets angry and hangs up. (We live hundreds of miles away.)

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

God girl...do the JWs produce and MAINTAIN dysfunction or WHAT?? There is a pat, standard, cut and paste, cookie cutter, outline that brothers are required to use for funerals these days. They can interject the deceased's name into it to "personalize" it...but it is nothing but a 40 minute infomercial about the BLESSINGS of becoming a JW. Last one I went to, I about puked from the hypocrisy of it all. How LOVING only JWs are and how ONLY JWs are "qualified" to even TALK about God to anybody else...after which the JWs all stood up in the middle of the funeral home and walked OUT en masse because the EXJW widow wanted to say thankyou for coming. Asswipes..I will never ever forgive nor forget that.

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

I believe they do produce and maintain dysfunction. My family is proof of that. There are so many "old friends of the family" my mother tells me about...none of the information she passes on is positive. It is always gossip about who is getting divorced, DF'd, etc.

I wish I had the courage to stand up at my uncle's funeral and pay tribute to his kindness and sense of humor. I really wanted to. I was cowardly and took the silent approach. I cried and when the family asked why I was crying so hard, I explained that while the brother was giving his fire and brimstone speech, I was thinking about all the fun I had with my uncle. He deserved a eulogy that went over his contributions to the community (taught little league) and his family (he always could lighten up a room with his sense of humor).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit