Taking control of my life....this is what i'm gonna do.

by R.F. 21 Replies latest jw friends

• R.F.
    R.F.

As many of you may know, i'm currently an MS and Pioneer, and been missing meetings consistently for almost 2 months.

I have been concerned about my dad's reaction to me wanting to leave the org and he's been questioning me about missing meetings. Well i've decided now not to jump through the elders' hoops anymore. I'm going to go ahead play along with the role as an inactive "publisher". I think the elders may have now started the process of deleting me as an MS. That may be what they want to talk to me about. If it isn't then I will tell them to delete me, without submitting to answering their probing questions.

My dad is the reason why I want to fade, and sure he his ways that I hate, but at the same time I don't want to lose him to the org, so that's why I will play along for now. But I won't exert myself to play this game. If the elders want to do something to get me out, then let them. I don't care. I'm not doing anything wrong even by organizational standards. I can just use that to show my dad how cruel they are.

I'm not letting the "friends" get to me anymore, and i'm not jumping through their hoops either. If they somehow found out I was at the movies or something else other than at the kingdom hall when it is the time of a meeting, I couldn't care less! If they come by my house to visit me and I don't want to see them..i'll open the door and kindly tell them I don't want company. If they offer me spiritual "help", I'll tell them I don't need it.

Life is too short for me to be shackeled by them.

R.F.

• Vernon Williams
    Vernon Williams

Just a note of encouragment.

You have, already, Journeyed far and the is a way to go.

I rejoice in your progress...not only for the benefits to you, personally, but to those you assist by word and example.

"God speed....."

Yours in this Struggle,

V

• Anony-Mouse
    Anony-Mouse

Life is indeed too short for this mess.

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

You are blessed to have learned so much at such a young age. You have a lifetime of freedom ahead.

• ladyofsmiles
    ladyofsmiles

Dear R.F... I don't know how old you are but I was once a teenager and young woman in the truth. I used to say to Jehovah years later.."If only my Mom had been in the truth than I wouldn't have been leading a double life and doing questionable things with a male friend of mine from the neighborhood. Yes..I was going thru all the hoops. I was doing all the right things. But my heart was not in it. My heart was thinking about..Oh if I could only do this and do that like the girls that hang on the corner. And I slowly faded away. And then one boyfriend and one abortion later and pain and sorrow. But later I went back and stayed for 15 years and got bapitized..I was living the good life with 3 kids even though a had married an exbeliever. But then my sin came back again and this time it was tragic. I was separted from my exhusband and a "so called brother" who later apostated was never leaving me alone. And we got disfellowship for un- cleanliness. I was in shock I did that. How could I. Then my husband beat my daughter and the exhusand not in the truth took my children and I never saw them again. So I divorced the brother who got disfellowshipped and he's not been back since. And we had a son who now doesn't believe in the truth. In the meantime I had another failed divorce and I was disfellowshipped years ago in which I confessed myself. But it was hard so hard to go back with 2 more kids born and one was special needs. I got depressed and old and unhappy. So I always go back to if only my sister in the truth had helped me more..if only my mom was in the truth. But the real truth is the FAULT LIED with ME. And my way of thinking. So if Jehovah is watching and hasn't forgoting me. Go to your Dad and confess and fall on your knees and beg forgiveness cause the end is so close I can almost taste it!! May Jehovah bless you and keep you safe..

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Leaving the JW religion is not what causes bad marraiges, or you children to be taken away, or any of the other bad things that happen in life. It's making bad choices, choosing the wrong person to be with.

R.F. - getting out of this religion now is your best bet. But just because you don't believe in the truth lie anymore doesn't mean you should loose your mind and make bad choices.

nj

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

I'm not letting the "friends" get to me anymore, and i'm not jumping through their hoops either. If they somehow found out I was at the movies or something else other than at the kingdom hall when it is the time of a meeting, I couldn't care less! If they come by my house to visit me and I don't want to see them..i'll open the door and kindly tell them I don't want company. If they offer me spiritual "help", I'll tell them I don't need it.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420
    Go to your Dad and confess and fall on your knees and beg forgiveness cause the end is so close I can almost taste it!!

WTH????

lisa

• eclipse
    eclipse

Ladyofsmiles,

the exhusand not in the truth took my children and I never saw them again. So I divorced the brother who got disfellowshipped and he's not been back since.

Do you know why he took your kids?

probably because he wanted to save them from a CULT and from becoming brainwashed mindless idiots like their mother...

and guess what? You're a brainwashed mindless idiot right now for believing that there's an armegeddon coming, for believing a bunch of old guys in brooklyn WHO HAVE NO MORE SPIRITUAL GUIDANCE THAN YOU OR I DO.

I was once a brainwashed mindless idiot too.

Then I woke up on my own, saw the heartlessness and cruelty perpetrated by the brothers and sisters, the hypocrisy. and these are supposed to be god's people? bullshit. ALL OF IT, is HORSE MANURE.

WAKE UP!

• Illyrian
    Illyrian

or by anyone, take that as a lesson and life your life free of any form of slavery. I understand about your dad but you gotta realize that one of these days you will have to confront the issue with him either way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit