I'm Ready... Thank you

by Garrett 47 Replies latest jw friends

• cappytan
    cappytan

Wasn't it the Ethiopian Eunuch that said, "What prevents me from disassociating myself?" ;)

In your situation, I would do it in a heartbeat.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

yep, no family. No real friends in it. If you want solid closure then go ahead.

im really glad you got together with this old friend. see eachother often.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

It's been over a year since my husband and I sent a letter to the KH to announce our disassociation. It has proven to be a good decision. We have not had one jw visitor at the door, or even one piece of literature left on the porch.

We feel great about un-joining that club. Especially given all the information emerging about child molesters being protected by the WT cult. There are numerous and plenty reasons to get out of there, but that sickening, disgusting toleration of criminals preying on children is reason enough.

Many who know ttatt do not have the freedom to leave and everyone's circumstances are different.

Marina

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

PRO: It'll give you closure and it is also official notice you don't want anything to do with them any longer.

CON: It is playing by their rules, but it is also official notice you don't want anything to do with them any longer.

Let us know what you decide.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    2/ I no longer want to be pestered by the elders.
    4/ It's time to move on with my life and I feel like I might need this to truly move on.

To me, number 2 is a big enough reason. I found closure in my fade in other ways, but number 4 is huge for many. It seems this would be good for you, especially with number 2. Others can do what they want. We all find our own path. Congratulations on your impending disassociation.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I think any elder or former elder here could tell you how they like to wrap things up "officially" speaking. Having someone running loose who they suspect (or are certain) is an evil apostate, yet lacking the "proof/evidence" to take action against them, just frustrates the hell out of them.

By you sending them a letter of disassociation it allows them to close the file on you. Yes, Jehovah obviously moved you to do it so that He could keep His Congregation clean of your leaven. Clearly, the Holy Spirit is working with them to protect the flock of God.

Nope. No way would I play by their rules. Instead, dodge them, frustrate them, piss them off and stay one step ahead of them and laugh all the way about it.

Doc

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    You could tell them that you have disfellowshipped all of THEM for being liars and false prophets.
  • berrygerry
    berrygerry

I would recommend either DOC's approach if you want to annoy.

If not, I like Island of Man's approach, but would keep it to one thing - child abuse.

Perhaps mention how you personally feel regarding the extent of the abuse, as well as the policies of WTS to sustain the abuse. Possibly mention to Google "Silent Lambs."

Good luck with your decision and your future.

• Magnum
    Magnum

I agree with the comments above about not playing by their rules. I also like what Billy the Ex stated.

Since you have no family, you could really use this situation. You could ask various JWs what seem to be sincere questions to try get them thinking. Always ask as if you want their help - as if you are sincerely seeking an answer. Also, if you are going to DA, then at least use the opportunity to get to the elders. First you could ask them some tough questions. There are many possibilities.

examples:

"I was talking to a workmate recently and he told me that our new generation teaching just seems ridiculous. He wanted me to show him using the Bible how we arrive at our teaching. I was baffled. Can you help me? I want to help him see the truth."

"Also, he showed me some material in our literature where we stated that the end would be here before the end of the 20th century and we said that young ones in the 60's would not grow old in this system - that they probably wouldn't even finish school. Again, I just didn't know what to say. He showed me the material. It was right there in black and white."

If you have nothing to lose, then use the opportunity. You have so much material to choose from - the blood issue, the UN, failed prophecy, crazy history. If the elders can't answer your questions or they give you lame answers, then you could tell them that you're being stumbled by their and the org's lack of answers, that they've weakened you. Tell them that you're disappointed and that you want to be left alone until you can find the answers.

• pbrow
    pbrow

Even if you were younger when you got babtized, you still willingly joined. My take is to willingly leave.

You joined and now you are leaving. Officially. Do you want your name associated with an organization that protects pedophiles?? Do you want your name associated with a group that assists in destroying families? Do not do it to help them "close their books". Do it because you want to. If you fade you are playing "not to lose" Play to win. GTFO and YOU take YOUR name off THEIR BOOKS.

Most importantly though, do it because YOU want to. That is THE only reason.

pbrow

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit