The "First Lie" Comparative To Change In Generation Teaching?

by TheKings 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TheKings
    TheKings

The WTS, and perhaps other religions, teach that in the book of Genesis we find an account of the first lie. This was Satan's words:"you positively will not die" in reference to them eating the fruit of the tree of knowledge... you all know this one, of course.

It occurred to me today that the change in the generation teaching is a mirror of the adam and eve scenario. The WTS told the people of that generation (JW's in their 70's/80's now) that they "positively will not die" if they "eat the fruit" aka kool-aid aka WTS doctrine.

Furthermore, the WTS presume to be like God knowing good and bad. They make rules telling JW's what is good and bad beyond what is written; and they also usurp the role of the Christ.

What do you think?

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

The comparison has been made before, and rightly so.

• TheKings
    TheKings

where ...? sorry for a repeat. i haven't seen the thread before. must be somewhat old...?

• drew sagan
    drew sagan
    where ...? sorry for a repeat. i haven't seen the thread before. must be somewhat old...?

I just meant that the comparison has been around in various places, not specificly this site.

• TheKings
    TheKings

OOOOooooh. okay ;)

you worried me.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I like your comparison.

"you positively will not die"

They have been telling dubs that since the beginning of this religion. "Millions now living will never die." That wasn't even
    the first ones to believe the end would come in their lifetime. Even now, the change in generations is being backed off of.
    They are starting the "End is imminent" campaigns. If it were imminent, then they never would have dropped the 1914
    generation teaching, but tried to keep building on it, saying "You will see how it came true, just as so many doubted."

The older ones are starting to wake up to the fact that they will die, and the next generation is being told that the end
    is so close. So the WTS continues to say "Eat of our fruit (spiritual food) and you will NOT die."

the WTS presume to be like God knowing good and bad

And you can know, too. Just do as we say and it will all work out. Don't question any of it, and don't listen to doubters.

• 5go
    5go

Funny some athiest point out not only do you die. There also isn't an afterlife to help you either.

Somehow though they get called tools of satan.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

theking!

I find your comparison very interesting :D :D This is the first new idea I've seen on this board in a long time

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

snake-01lg.gif "When they open their mouth the serpent hisses." In the very first lie in the garden of Eden in the devils confabulation with Eve.Satan spoke 54 words (I counted them) ONLY 5 WORDS WERE LIES "you positively will not die" the rest were innuendo. It's about the same ratio with the Watchtower just as deadly and i'm being kind. The Watchtower publication 'Revelation Climax' book alone is 95% lies

• greendawn
    greendawn

Their business is founded on lies and with these they weaved a great deception. Their father is no doubt the devil.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit