Jigsaw puzzles anyone?

by Lady Lee 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Alana
    Alana

I go to jigzone just about everyday....it is totally addicting! You can also upload your own pictures/graphics to make your own jigsaw puzzles. That is really cool, too.
    As for the 3-D puzzles....I tried one once....the Titantic. It was fun until my beagle (who was a puppy then) thought it was something to try to eat! Then, once you lose base parts, you are pretty much finished. LOL
  • Hortensia
    Hortensia

thanks for the link - I tried it out and half an hour later realized how engrossed I was in the puzzle I was doing - good for the little brain cells.

• snarf
    snarf

Awesome!! Thank you! I love jigsaw puzzles, they are sooooo addicting, but now with a seven month old I was no longer able to do them cause he likes to grab the peices and slobber all over them, then the peices don't fit when they dry...hahahaha.

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

Hi, Lady lee,

I love a good jigsaw but it has to be the right picture and I usually do them mostly in the winter.I bought a few on E. Bay last winter and still have some to do from last Christmas. The ones I really like are the Wasgij (Jigsaw backwards) series, which has picture on the front of the box and the hilarious picture to complete is different from the picture on the box but is in someways connected to the view.The one I am going to get for next winter is one with a picture of a christmas morning surprise, it has something to do with what santa clause left but you don't see it until completion( does that sound naff?)

I also like the nostalgic ones of paintings of the fiftys or of Victorian scenes ,towns and country scenes are also interesting, but any picture really that grabs my attention. Tried a Thomas Kingade 3D puzzle once but it wouldn't hang together to well,ended up giving it away.

Jigsaws are a great way to unwind and relax if you can get into it, but you need some spare time ,and if this rain doesn't stop pouring on little old England the jigsaw is coming out this weekend.It's called The Mouth of the River and has one thousand pieces.That title is apt at the moment me thinks.

Here's to the happy hours.

Edmond.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

ahh more jigsaw lovers.

When I moved into my building there were finished puzzles all over the building. One lady would sit all day everyday doing puzzles in the community room. After she was done thery were pasted to cardboard and hung everywhere. It really was too much. When they painted the building last year all the puzzles were taken down.

• gusgus1
    gusgus1

Thanks for the Jigzone site LadyLee..... now I have somewhere else to waste my time, and being competitive like I am, I always have to try and beat the average time..... But love the site..... thanks for the info... Hope your well as I am.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit