Russell's Gravesite Pictures - (just got back from Pittsburgh)

by thecarpenter 65 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

A pretty good article on how the Pyramid came into Russell's theology can be found at

http://www.greatdreams.com/pyramid.htm

It had nothing to do with Freemasonry.

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Hey Carpenter, Glad to see that Jehovah didn't intervene this time, lol.

On the first photo you can see Russell's grave stone top left.

Puprs, the numbers, -1, -2, -3, etc are supposedly in reference to the measurements within the pyramid the "prove" Russell's prophecy.

<--- steve - Of the 'mocks the dead' class

• cathyk
    cathyk
    There is an old 'Bible Students Convention' pamphlet that gives some details on the pyramid. I believe that all of his books as well as a few other items are in a sealed metal box that is in the center of it.

I heard from a Witness that the pyramid was broken into and the box stolen, but I haven't confirmed this yet. The person told me what was supposed to be in it; I'll have to ask again. Whatever was in there, it was probably rare today.

Cathy

www.oldlighthousebooks.com

• emptywords
    emptywords

There is a women that is still attends our congo that is a Russellite, or she says her husband is, after Russell died he never continued belief, she did and has always maintained his belief in the pyramid power, she is in her eighties, the last time she did field service was in the 70's. She does not claim to be of the anointed nor did her hubby....she still comes along to the meetings.

• cathyk
    cathyk

There's more info at http://www.catholic-forum.com/members/popestleo/russellpyramid.html. I've been trying to post quotes, but keep getting a system error when I hit "Submit Post."

Cathy

• drew sagan
    drew sagan
    She does not claim to be of the anointed nor did her hubby

Bizzare. Since the 'two classes' of Christians was Rutherford's idea, I find it rather strange that these Russell followers would hold to it.

My guess is that he (the Russellite husband) wouldn't even agree with the JWs interpretation of what the 'anointed' are.

• juni
    juni

Everyone above me has posted about the pictures from you carpenter, but all I see are red "x"s.

Juni

• deddaisy
    deddaisy

stev, I wasn't directing my comment at you really, it was more for any witnesses who feel that showing a photo of the pyramid at Russell's grave is in poor taste, If discussion of a man's beliefs is mocking the bereaved then we should also not show photos of Hitler or his victims of war. Past events and persons who still have an impact on so many should not be conveniently "swept under the rug" and not discussed. As the Watchtower Society itself so quickly points out, one should examine one's religion. Many who are baptized witnesses don't even know, yet alone examine the reasoning for, a pyramid being erected at the founder of the Watchtower Society's gravesite. Russell was a follower, like many in the late 19th century, who were caught up in pyramidology. Smith of the Mormons even attempted to, or had, items from an Egyptian tomb shipped to the states. The Watchtower Society, if noone else, should not regard it as being in poor taste to examine the history of a religion.

Witnesses at one's door certainly aren't going to be the ones who point out the history of the Watchtower Society prior to dunking some unknowing soul in a bottomless pool.........Russell was just a person, not a prophet. He was a man who believed the dimensions of the Great Pyramid referenced the timetable of the End, not a man who's beliefs warranted such an impact on the lives of so many.

"The Great Pyramid, however, proves to be a storehouse of important truth-scientific, historic and prophetic-and it testimony is found to be in perfect accord with the Bible, expressing the prominent features of its truths in beautiful and fitting symbols. It is by no means an addition to the written revelation: that revelation is complete and perfect and needs no addition. But it is a strong corroborative witness to God's plan; and few students can carefully examine it, marking the harmony of its testimony with that of the written Word, without feeling impressed that its construction was planned and directed by the same divine wisdom, and that it is the pillar of witness referred to by the prophet [Isaiah at Isaiah 19:19,20. "

Charles Russell------Thy Kingdom Come------pp 314

• thecarpenter
    thecarpenter

Hi Juni, there are a lot of reasons a picture may not show (your browser's picture setting may be off, you may need to update your browser, it could be a firewall problem, etc... try a different browser.

Here are some more pictures, This is on the South face side where "Dead with Christ" is carved on the top. Chas. T Russell was at the top of the book with John M. cooliage carved at the bottom.

resizedsc_0417.jpg

This is the east facing side, under the "Watchtower Bible and Tact Society" name carving

the names are Grace Mundy, Lohena M Russell, John Perry...

resizedsc_0419.jpg

...H.L Addington, Flora J Cole

resizedsc_0420.jpg

thecarpenter aka the archaeologist

• cathyk
    cathyk

At that link above, the following explains the other names on the pyramid:

The author states that all the Bethel family members will have space there; this is when the Bethel family numbered under 300.

Cathy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit