My Story

by jwfacts 30 Replies latest jw experiences

• skeptic1914
    skeptic1914

WOW! Thank you for sharing jwfacts. I can relate.

Skeptic1914

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

Very interesting story.

I thought you were out for much longer to,only because of how knowledgeable you are about the JW's and their tactics.

thanks for sharing

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I thought you were out for much longer to,only because of how knowledgeable you are about the JW's and their tactics.

lol. No, I just have spent way too much time on JWD.

• unique1
    unique1

Excellent writing. I am impressed.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Nice letter. I am glad to have a better perspective on your personal history, as I was unaware.

Interesting how the matter of 'elder appointed by Holy Spirit' affected you. I saw the same sort of thing and could never reconcile the matter. But when I attempted to discuss it with the brain-dead elders I knew, they would get pie-eyed as if I had just confessed to heresy. I guess I had.

Jeff

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Well done, jwfacts. I, too, thought you'd been out longer. You've done your work..........

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree
    It was my time at Bethel that convinced me that the Watchtower Society does not have Jehovah's direction. In 1994 a Bethelite friend of mine was made an elder whilst he was committing adultery. It was later discovered that this had been going on for 7 years. This proved to me that God’s holy spirit is not involved in Watchtower congregational appointments.

This was very instrumental in my leaving as well. In fact I found that the greater my doubts and the more active I became as an "apostate" the more "privileges" I was granted. If there were some deity controlling things that should not have been. Further, if that protection from "Jehovah" was indeed non-existent then their "two witness" policy regarding sex offenders is suicidal.

Isaachttp://360.yahoo.com/isaac_carmignani

• BFD
    BFD

Thank you, jwfacts for your story. I too did not realize how "new to the world" you are. I really enjoy your web-site and you have helped me a great deal.

Thanks again.

BFD

• jwfacts
    jwfacts
    In fact I found that the greater my doubts and the more active I became as an "apostate" the more "privileges" I was granted. If there were some deity controlling things that should not have been.

Very interesting. I did the same. My study conductor and family used to say that Jehovah made sure that anyone who sinned would be discovered over time. I purposefully would do wrong things, think apostate teachings etc, to see if Jehovah would report me to the elders. After 5 years and still after 10 years I was never discovered and knew God wasn't going to help the elders.

• Gayle
    Gayle

All my family were all the way JWs, through & through. Four of five of us kids went to Bethel through the 70's. That reality was the beginning of the end of JWdom for us. We are all out now, including our dad!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit