Shunning

by Axeman 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Axeman
    Axeman

Most of us here accept that we were indoctrinated as JW's on a very personal level ie: How we should dress acceptable jobs association with socalled worldly people even your own flesh and blood. A divisive them us mentality Them bad US good So having been there I cut my ex wife and sisters a lot of slack telling myself that they are not really responsible for their actions re treating me as if I were dead

Those of us who have experienced this know from their experience how cruel and inhuman this policy is yet the relatives claim the victim status saying that they would not have to do this if you had not left and they are hurting. Familes split both sides hurting its diabolical

I am slowly comming to the conclusion that despite the fact that my family are indoctrinated they are accountable They have a choice What do you think?

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

well of course they are accountable. They have brains, they should use them.

• Gopher
    Gopher

I agree, they are accountable. They're adults after all.

The Kingdom Ministry of November 2002 stated thatt JW's are to avoid needless association with their DF'd or DA'd relatives. It is left up to each JW how to define "needless". Different JW's have drawn the line in different places. So obviously they all have to decide how close to 100% they shun.

Whereever they draw the line, they are well-taught to place the blame on the former JW for any separation. Even if our door is wide open to them. they refuse to walk through it, and blame us for their decision. (We are not responding to "the truth".)

We meed not accept any blame for the situation. All we did was make a decision about religion, they're the ones making it all about family.

• Purza
    Purza
    I am slowly comming to the conclusion that despite the fact that my family are indoctrinated they are accountable They have a choice

Well, you heard it when you were a JW -- we all have free will. Unfortunately when you are an active JW they really don't allow you to use it.

I am sure there are a lot of people who miss their DF'd family members, but they are afraid of what will happen if they associate with someone who is DF'd. There is a lot of peer pressure in the JW world.

Purza

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    Well, you heard it when you were a JW -- we all have free will. Unfortunately when you are an active JW they really don't allow you to use it.

So true, Purza! Cute kittie, btw.

From an outsider, I was told that my jw (ex) friends never really loved me in the first place! See, that's how that shunning $hit is viewed from the outside, never been jw crowd. IT'S CRAP and their choice!

(I don't have family in, as my stepmom shuns me)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit