Is the WTS becoming more like Ancient Israel?

by unbaptized 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• unbaptized
    unbaptized

Is the WTS becoming more like Ancient Israel? Tell me what you think

• Scully
    Scully

"becoming"??

They're already there. They've said that if it weren't for the law of the land, they would implement a more Theocratic method of exterminating apostates rather than just DFing them. I'm sure the Legal Department at Bethel is looking for loopholes though.

• watson
    watson

Nothing like a good stoning to teach those apostates!!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I see you duplicated this thread and I commented on it on the other thread.

Here is my comment from the duplicate thread:

This is something I used to ask myself, when I was still in and very puzzled by certain things that didn't seem right: "If Ancient Israel screwed up repeatedly and brought on God's wrath, why does the governing body seem to think they are immune to ticking off God? Why don't my fellow JW's realize that if Israel could mess up and do things like kill Jesus, then couldn't it be possible that the WTBTS just might mess up, too." And if the WTBTS could mess up as badly as Israel, then how were they different from other Christian denominations?

I could see that their policies encouraged Pharisee-like behaviors. I could see a lack of love being fostered. I felt like their yoke was not kindly and light. I could see how the gov bod burdened the witnesses and even made them ill with the meeting schedule, conventions, assemblies, constant nagging to do more and to quit good jobs, not go to school, etc

Becoming like Ancient Israel? They've BEEN like ancient Israel.

• Axeman
    Axeman

They're already there. They've said that if it weren't for the law of the land, they would implement a more Theocratic method of exterminating apostates rather than just DFing them. I'm sure the Legal Department at Bethel is looking for loopholes though.

And the ones that would throw the first stones would be your own witness family They already treat us as dead to them. So when do we stop making excuses for them telling ourselves that they are deceived that they are not responsible for their actions What were the Nuerenburg war trials about?

• greendawn
    greendawn

It depends what exactly you mean by them becoming lik eth eancient Israelites. They have always been a group heavily influenced by Judaism, just think what christian group would call themselves witnesses of jehovah and make him their direct head instead of Christ?

They are also a very law oriented group, for them the letter of the law is everything.

• lrkr
    lrkr

An "ah-hah" moment came for me when reading ISOCF. Paul says that an unrepentant sinner should be treated as a tax collector. Then Franz asks, so how did Jesus treat tax collectors? Ate with them, talked to them, tried to help them. It was the Pharisaical Jewish system of things that had a rigorious system of ignoring, shunning them. Who are JWs more like?

This is a recurring theme through the book (more examples than I can remember or type here)

• Flash
    Flash

The WTS has become that which it hates...apostate.

They are just like the Scribes and Pharisees that Jesus condemed.

The so-called Faithful Slave has become unfaithful and evil, beating both their fellow slaves as well as the men and maid servants!

They have 'driven out' a large portion of God's people from the congregation.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

hey Flash

long time since I have seen you on the board. Glad you are still around.

purps

• Gill
    Gill

It was the ancient nation of Israel that felt genocide against nations that did not follow their ways and their God Jehovah was justified. They wrote about the mass slaughter of women, children, babies, and the old and were proud of it.

The Witnesses, though in no way planning to personally exterminate all non followers, look forward to their God doing the job for them.

I can't imagine the early Christians looking forward to mass genocide all over the earth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit