How long do you greive?

by helncon 17 Replies latest social family

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Grief does not have a time limit, and is an emotion that you should allow yourself to feel and experience.

My father died in 2002. I think about him often. Some days are good thoughts, some days are sad and there are some tears. The tears help to wash away the pain and peace follows.

BB

• juni
    juni

My father passed away in 1985 on Aug. 18th. I never forget, but I don't cry like I used to do. It's different with everyone and it depends how close you were with the person (at least for me it's that way).

Best to you Helen.

Love, Juni

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

My Granny (great grandma) died in august 1994, at the age of 91. She died just 2 weeks after Amanda and I got married. About 4 years ago, Amanda and I were passing through her old neighborhood in Ashland Ky. We stopped in to visit the neigbhor lady, and I was given the opportunity to go inside Granny's old house by the new owners. The new owner completely renovated the old house, it barely even looked the same. After Amanda and I got in the car and started driving down the road, I started crying.

Fast forward to this past April. Darin and I were on our way to Paintsville and drove through Granny's old neighborhood. After driving by the house we went to the Giovanni's Pizza place that we used to eat at when visiting Granny. Well Darin and I both were trying to eat pizza and choke back the tears, my niece Darby didnt understand why we were crying. I think what did it for me was thinking back on me and Amanda dating and going to see Granny. Not only was I still grieving Granny, but I was still grieving my broken marriage. My mind had wandered back to 1994, and it was tearing me up. I still managed to eat 3 plates of pizza.

There are some losses you can never completely heal from.

• helncon
    helncon

Thank you for everyone who replied.

We all have lost someone we loved and cared about at some point in our life.

How we deal with the death is really up to the individual person and for my friend i never got to say goodbye as he was killed in a car accident. I guess in a way i was in love with him and never got the chance to tell him my feelings either, so i guess this has always hindered the healing process.

Others i had had the chance to say goodbye which i know does help even though it does hurt still for 'that time of year'.

I am sorry for all your lost loved ones

Peace be with you all

Helen

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I am so sorry for the losses you all have experienced - Ninja I am so sorry for your cousin - what a terrible terrible thing. My mother died in 2001 and my best friend/mentor died a year and a half later. I don't seem to be able to get over that last loss. And now I keep wishing I could talk to them...

• startingover
    startingover

Thanks everyone for sharing their stories and feelings on this thread. I lost both my parents 3 weeks apart 1 year ago. Somedays it just overwhelms me and I feel like I should be able to deal with it better. Certain situations or thoughts just set me off and I can't control my feelings and many time I just end up bawling. It seems I'm not alone here and that is comforting.

• JK666
    JK666

I believe that there is no set amount of time. It is a process unique to each individual and the closeness of the relationship.

I still get a little misty about lost friends and loved ones as I think of them. I also grieve about friends that are still in the Org that I cannot associate with. One day at a time . . .

JK

• Roski
    Roski

It may get different but I am not sure that it gets better.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit