The Watchtower July 1 Questions From Readers - Each one decides for himself

by garybuss 23 Replies latest watchtower medical

• garybuss
    garybuss

The Watchtower July 1 Questions From Readers

Then are we to conclude that Jehovah's witnesses oppose the people's use of transfusions?

That would be a wrong conclusion. Jehovah's witnesses do not oppose the people's use of transfusions, but allow each one the right to decide for himself what he can conscientiously do. The Israelites felt bound to abide by God's law forbidding the eating of meat with the blood congealed in it, but still they had no objection whatever to those outside God's organization doing it, and even supplied unbled carcasses to outsiders who regularly ate such things anyway. (Deut. 14:21) Each one decides for himself, and bears the responsibility for his course. Jehovah's witnesses consecrate their lives to God and feel bound by his Word, and with these things in view they individually decide their personal course and bear their personal responsibility therefor before God. So, as Joshua once said to the Israelites, "If it seem evil unto you to serve Jehovah, choose you this day whom ye will serve; . . . as for me and my house, we will serve Jehovah." - Josh. 24:15, AS.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Gary,

is that the 2007 issue?

purps

• done4good
    done4good

They sure are backpedeling, aren't they? Pretty much all but saying they are wrong about their blood stance. Using this logic I guess it would also be ok to drive a non-witness to use a prositiute.

j

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

LOL!!!

So if Israelites gave unbled meat away to unbelievers to eat, does that mean that Witnesses can give blood for unbelievers to use for transfusions? Yeah? What's the difference?! Could such an article be used in a person's defense for a JC if he or she is caught giving blood??

• garybuss
    garybuss

The Watchtower 1951 July 1 p. 416 Questions From Readers

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

oic, I thought it was new too....still, doesn't this give support to those wanting to give blood, participate in blood drives, etc.?

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Well, now that I see the date

How did being able to make your own mind up get so screwed up?

What am I not understanding here? That when people did make their own decisions they were DF and over the years no one wanted to suffer the consequences?

purps

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    The Israelites felt bound to abide by God's law forbidding the eating of meat with the blood congealed in it, but still they had no objection whatever to those outside God's organization doing it, and even supplied unbled carcasses to outsiders who regularly ate such things anyway. (Deut. 14:21)

Wouldn't such reasoning make the donation of blood acceptable to those 'outside God's organization'?

"Oh! What a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive."

Jeff

Edited: Sorry Leo - did not read the thread before I opened my big mouth.

• garybuss
    garybuss
    (Deuteronomy 14:21) 21 "YOU must not eat any body [already] dead. To the alien resident who is inside your gates you may give it, and he must eat it; or there may be a selling of it to a foreigner, because you are a holy people to Jehovah your God. "You must not boil a kid in its mother's milk.

NOTE:
    The "alien residents" were Gentiles (not Jews).

"Compared with the anointed remnant of spiritual Israelites, all those of that 'great crowd' would, figuratively speaking, be Gentiles."
    Man's Salvation Out Of World Distress At Hand, WTB&TS 1975 p. 201 - 202

Hello!!! Gentiles (read 'great crowd') could eat blood (and take transfusions).

• bobxkawasaki
    bobxkawasaki

The "Questions From Readers" in the Watchtower magazine of Jehovah's Witnesses is often written by Gene Smalley whom Randy Watters identifies as the main person at headquarters who has upheld the anti-blood transfusions view for the past forty years.

This is still another weak, lame effort by Smalley to confuse medical and legal experts and those wanting reforms from within and outside Jehovah's Witnesses.

Smalley is embarassed because 1 Samuel 14:32 proves Acts 15:20's saying "abstain" from blood is not written in stone but flexible when human life is at stake:

Of Saul's men who were about to starve to death it says "They pounced on the plunder and, taking sheep, cattle and calves, they butchered them on the ground and ate them, together with the blood."

Christ at Matthew 12:7 says God wants "mercy" instead of "sacrifice."

Stop the deaths among Jehovah's Witnesses, Smalley, Jaracz and others on the Governing Body. Christ, not you, is the most Faith and Discreet Slave of Matthew 24:45 appointed over all things. You fail to respect human life, deeming the symbol of life, blood, better than human lives including the lives of JW babies. Shame, shame, shame. The courts and legislators will become all the more aware of not only the deaths but your obvious efforts to try to cause confusion so as to escape their attentions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit