Memorial Partaker totals for 72 years by request!

by Atlantis 40 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Kudra
    Kudra

Well, I made an excel graph but can't figure out how to paste it in...

Even in explorer...

Any help, por favor??

-K

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    I'm far too lazy to parse all of that data... is anyone willing to put it all into a spreadsheet for analysis?

This was my first 'thesis' entitled, tongue in cheek, "My first steps out of the Watchtower"

I did weeks [prob months] of research, crunched all the numbers, laid out the speadsheet to prove that the annointed were not dying on time. I used the Berkley Actuarial Mortality Indexes to do so, and determined before I read CoC that something smelled sh^tty in Brooklyn.

But alas, my computer died and took all that info to computer heaven with it. Nowadays I use backups.

Jeff

• sir82
    sir82

What happened between 1948 & 1949 to account for the big spike? Any body know - a new book, WT article, something else?

• Ténébreux
    Ténébreux

Here is a line graph that I made using Excel.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    1948-Informant-(10,553)--See Field Service Report in right column. http://www.badongo.com/pic/727980 1949-Yearbook-(25,395)

Kind of a sharp rise over the course of a year there, especially as they then believed that the heavenly calling had ended in 1935.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    What happened between 1948 & 1949 to account for the big spike? Any body know - a new book, WT article, something else?

I'd like to understand that myself. I postulate two things;

• Rutherford had put pressure on for Jw's to 'evaluate' - basically he wanted many not to partake, thus keeping his theology intact with a declining number as the organization grew.
    • Must have been some sort of 'readjustment' that made a large group begin to partake again in 1949. Could it have been that the war-torn lands of Europe and Asia finally were able to get the numbers submitted following WW2 ? Though 1949 seems a little late for that to happen.

Jeff

• JK666
    JK666

With all the other Theocratic Warfare (i.e.,Lies), don't you think that the GB is shaving or manipulating these numbers to keep them relatively even? JK

• Quandry
    Quandry

I noticed that the numbers did not steadily decline. Some years the numbers were significantly higher. How could this happen. Did some of the people have to go back and forth over the issue of whether or not they were annointed?

Or perhaps some years there were some really naughty annointed that had to be replaced.......

• ninja
    ninja

nevatis....I asked for this months ago and gave up on ever getting these stats.........wow!!!!...you came through again big time......cheers you two .....your wee mate ....da ninja

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Thank you all for your comments!

Ninja: I am glad that you have the figures you were searching for. Take care!

Tweety picture no.0511

Cheers! Atlantis!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit