help with my question please

by MUNKAFATS 15 Replies latest jw friends

• MUNKAFATS
    MUNKAFATS

im only an interested one at the moment but as i surf around the net i keep seeing sites talking about false prophesies from the witnesses (dooms day etc) id like an unbiased opinion as to where i can get more info as the witnesses here in new zealand tell me they have never heard of them, thanks?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Munka!

Welcome aboard, how's things over the pond?

I always refer people to the Freeminds site: http://www.freeminds.org/

A good place to start.

Cheers, Ozzie

• MUNKAFATS
    MUNKAFATS

great , its a start , thanks

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi MUNKAFATS, and welcome to the board

i keep seeing sites talking about false prophesies from the witnesses (dooms day etc) id like an unbiased opinion as to where i can get more info as the witnesses here in new zealand tell me they have never heard of them, thanks?

The jws never acknowledge that they have ever made any false prophecy. They make "adjustments" to their beliefs, as in the case of the 1995 generation change, when one of their prophecies is about to fail. Prior to 1995, they believed that people who could remember the events of 1914, wnich means that they would have to have been at least 10 years of age then, would live to see armageddon. When those people were obviously dying off, the watchtower changed that doctrine to read that any generation who didn't heed their message would see armageddon, so this so-called "truth" is now completely meaningless.

The jws have, in times past, been guilty of making several false prophecies, like "Millions now living will never die", written in 1920. Obviously, most of those living in 1920 are now dead, but the watchtower keeps on changing doctrine, and does not encourage it's followers to read its' older publications, so many current jws are unaware of the falsehoods their organisation has perpetrated in the past. For more information on the ever-changing watchtower doctrines, see this link

http://www.quotes-watchtower.co.uk/home.html

This is a website containing quotes from older watchtower publications. Their false prophecy is revealed by their own words.

You say you are interested in the teachings of jehovahs witnesses? My advice is to end your interest now.

• MUNKAFATS
    MUNKAFATS

actually i dont want a site as i dont know what to believe , im looking for an ex witness maybe? im finding this site very confusing (hard to navigate)

• MUNKAFATS
    MUNKAFATS

ty for that , i was busy typing again when u wrote that , r u an ex witness though?

• MUNKAFATS
    MUNKAFATS

oh gee sorry guys should have looked around a bit more, just worked out how navigate a bit more and i see you were both witnesses

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Yes, I am an ex jw. I was a jw for 25 years, before disassociating in 2005.

Before you make any commitment to the watchtower, please research the organisation thoroughly. I wish the internet had been around in 1981 when I joined. If I'd had the opportunities to research the jws that are available now, I doubt I'd have ever been one.

Linda

• MUNKAFATS
    MUNKAFATS

but if there is no monetary gain from jw's then what would they have to gain from you? from what i have learnt so far a cult means worshipping a leader which i dont see as true

• ninja
    ninja

here munky try this ...... http://www.howcultswork.com/ ....all the best from sunny scoterland.....ninja

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit