YOUR Good Deed....

by compound complex 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Someone extended love and forgiveness when unwarranted. t was a valuable lesson and I try to pass it on all that I can. It truly changed my life. I wish I had understood it sooner than I did. When I finally got it, there was not any time to make up for what I was extended...for he died.

Thank you Chris A.

I miss ya' buddy.

(And if you can...tell me if there is a Paradise..lol) inside joke.

• kitten whiskers
    kitten whiskers

I can't remember all of them, but 17 years ago, one of my girlfriends in school, brought me a bouquet of daffodils in art class just to be nice. We had been talking about flowers in class and I mentioned something about being happy to see them at the end of winter. It was so thoughtful, unexpected and amazing. Here was one of my worldly school friends, who I couldn't celebrate anything with, just doing something nice as a friend. It really helped me through a hard time in my life to have that act of kindness. I wish I knew where she was today. As a JW I never kept up with her after graduation, but that special gift helped me feel like I had worth. I was so sad at heart back then. She had no idea how much it meant.

• juni
    juni

Good evening CoCo.....

There are so many times someone has been kind to me that it has impressed on me that the majority of human beings are kind people. We all have our own personalities, but that is good. Basically people like to do for others.

Gosh........I will give you one example for there are so many.

My one girlfriend with whom I worked w/at an animal rehab center is an especially kind person. We worked together as a team at the center. She would ALWAYS volunteer to do some of the cruddiest and heavy work because she knew I was limited due to arthritis. She would insist. She has always sent me her beautiful handcrafted cards for different occassions; I have kept all of them through the years.

Unlike what the WT organization would have you believe, "worldly" people are for the most part kind and generous. I have never experienced someone being kind to me while looking for something in return.

Nice thread CoCo.

Hugs, Juni

• compound complex
    compound complex

Good Deeds Recalled...

Bernadette:

Wonderful! A suited gentleman and your bicycle. Given a hand in your time of need.

Sad emo:

Blessings in disguise are truly everywhere. And I know that there are more people making us feel good than those who do the opposite - you are an ongoing source of good cheer!

Aligot:

Yes, I have seen JWs begging; however, their manner of panhandling was far more sophisticated than that of the gent you described.

Decki:

I know exactly what you mean, as I've been graciously forgiven when I felt so unworthy of the injured one's kindness. It makes me think of Jean Valjean in LES MISERABLES and the priest who forgave him in a way that jerks tears from your eyes. Sorry about Chris - you'll never forget him, as I'll never forget my dfed friend who stopped me from doing myself in.

Kitten Whiskers:

A beautiful gift of daffodils, which are my favorite spring flower. What a dear and thoughtful friend, many notches above the individuals whose sole association we were once allowed. You are wise to recognize the good in all men and women. Remember, too, it was you who got me on board here after 2 month's struggle to figure out what was meant by "user name." I am so techno-challenged!

Juni:

I love it when somebody goes in and does what has to be done, with no thought of dirt or breaking a fingernail! You were so fortunate to have a friend/workmate such as her. So many simply say that everything will work out all right and good luck; then they walk away, leaving you behind, still with no solution or help with your problem.

Thank you all so much. Blessings, peace and love to all of you!

CoCo

• juni
    juni

Peace to you too CoCo. Have a good Sunday......

Juni

• compound complex
    compound complex

Food, clothing and shelter came my way at a desperate time. Over an extended period of time, actually. The carry-over for me from 40 years a JW is saying "Jehovah provides." I say it with conviction, not as a parrot. I don't feel wrong saying it, but, then again, I'm still learning and growing.
    Whether it's from the "Lord," or just good-hearted people coming to one's aid, I honestly feel that others' good deeds, at just the right time, keep us going in times of despair.

When prayer stops, so does coincidence.

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thank you, Juni, for your responses! Have a good Sunday also....

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

Any more good deeds out there?

Thanks,

CoCo

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Yes. I had a first, third, especially so the fourth, 6th, 7th grade teachers who reached out in loving kindness to me with words of appreciation and kindness as well as acts of confidence in me. I had two dance school teachers that said and did wonderful things for me. One of them chose me to help teach two classes of younger students. The other told me things I needed to hear from my parents and grandparents and wrote to me several letters after I moved away from Morgan City.

My mother and grandmother made me feel so terrible about myself most of the time. They didn't understand or appreciate what I good child I was. These teachers did and said such wonderful things and they saw who I truly was. Years later when I suffered my first depression, their words and good deeds kept me from succumbing completely to despair. And I made up my mind as a child, to try never to pass up the opportunity to say or do a kind thing for someone who reached out in sorrow.

I have had many good deeds done to me. Last summer when Andy had his car accident and breakdown and Mickey was torn from me, this forum came through with posts, phone calls, cards and even monetary help. I didn't think I'd live through losing my baby. I truly think this forum was a big part of what saved me and also Julian. Even now, some of you have reached out similarly with support. People in my church and neighbors still help me with my struggle to take care of Julian. Beautiful. I don't know if I could ever find the words to express the gratitude we feel.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear FHN,

You are a very special person. Thanks for this uplifting account of how good was directed your way.

Love,

CoCo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit