Did you suffer any PHYSICAL impairments DUE to the jdubs?

by sinis 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• sinis
    sinis

When I was in I regular pioneered for years and had to wear those shitty wing tipped dress shoes. I tried wearing flat front dress/casual shoes but the asshole elders said they were wordly. Well I now have foot problems due to having my feet crammed into a fucking sardin box and literally walking to China. The problems are not that bad, they come and go, but I have to blame the jdubs for this shit.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I often wonder how much of my foot problems have to do with preaching. Fo rmany years I didn't have access to a car so I was out treading the hot and hard pavement.

Now I am in a wheelchair due to foot problems that no doctor can seem to find a cause for.

I think I just wore out the foot pads under my feet

• ninja
    ninja

yep...they killed a million sperm when they kicked me in the bollocks

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Yes, I got a sore back from not standing straight and being humble. My posture is terrible.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Mine are mostly mental.

• free2think
    free2think

Yes I had such problems finding comfortable shoes to walk in for hours and hours that still looked smart. Suffice to say I didnt really mange it.

• flipper
    flipper

Sinis- I got a stiff neck from dad and mom making me sit still at the meetings all those years as a kid listening to them drone on all night. Mom mercifully put me to sleep on the floor before meetings ended. One time they left me locked by myself asleep near the stage, turned out the lights, locked the hall. Didn't notice I was missing until they got home. I have serious issues. When they came back to get me I was still sleeping. They think I'm still sleeping today, spiritually that is. God, I'm twisted. Peace and solace to you,Mr. Flipper. I need a drink, God.

• Crooked Lumpy Vessel
    Crooked Lumpy Vessel

Elder wife (sister nosy posey) was always harrassing me to get out in service even when I was six and a half months pregnant and huge because I was initially carrying twins but lost one in utero. I had a difficult time walking because of a pinched nerve but sister nosey would lay on the guilt trip and with every excuse I tried to give her she would come up with another possibility for her to pick me up and head out to service.

She promised to walk slow but she kept walking too fast. By the time I was halfway up the walkway of a householder she was coming back down. I remember being so pissed off because of her forcing me to endure so much pain by walking so fast. Other moments I saw a look of anger on her face because I was slowing her down. Finally I said under by breath..'screw this' and I went back to the car and sat there for the remainder of my service.

Two days later I was in the hospital with excessive hemoraging. I remember standing up and blood just pouring out of me and within seconds there was a puddle of dark blood the size of a dinner plate on the floor. They almost had to do an emergency c-section but the bleeding stopped. The HLC was at my bedside within the hour as I was signing my life away because of the blood issue. I almost lost my baby and my life.

I ended up stuck in the hospital for the remainder of my pregnancy and had a c-section and a premie. But I didnt have to go out in service for a while.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

After a week of sitting motionless in Pioneer™ school on shitty chairs, I went out to clean windows on Saturday. I ended up herniating a disk in my lower back. That was in 1986. My back problems plague me to this day.

Another time, in the kingdom hall parking lot I put my service bag in my vehicle, turned around, slipped and my right knee bent sideways instead of the way it should. The next day an x-ray indicated my kneecap was now on the side of my knee instead of the front. The following winter I slipped and fell on some ice while out in service™, and the same thing happened to my knee. It eventually needed surgery.

It happened again to my left knee, this time a piece of bone and cartiledge were sheared off my femur. I had surgery followed by 3 months of physiotherapy.

During one period of incapacity other brothers™ showed their christian love™ by stealing a customer list from my vehicle and going to my customers and undercutting my prices. A MS I sold part of my business to refused to pay over $3,000 he still owed me, while I was on crutches. I ended up losing my home, and my ex and I had to move in with my mom. In spite of my helping others in the congregation move many times in the past, no one would help me. I had to move what I could by myself, on my crutches and in my cast. I ended up having to leave most of what I owned behind.

Such are the blessings™ of "putting kingdom interests first".

It became evident that I needed to retrain and find employment more suitable for me since I was constantly suffering from knee and back injuries. Naturally, I was counselled numerous times because I was going to school!!!

All things considered, Jehovah's Witnesses really are pieces of shit.

W

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Sinis:

I don't know about physical impairments but I definitely have one mental one: OCD. This definitely presented itself when I was a JW. While it cannot be proven that being in the religion caused it, I can't help but wonder if it exacerbated it.

Finally Free:

I am horrified to hear of what you suffered because you "put kingdom interests first". Doesn't this really make you wonder if God ever had anything to do with this at all? I cannot believe what many people have actually suffered because they trusted other people in the religion. Some people will read your account and think you suffered because of people's "imperfection" when in actuality it is because of faulty teachings leading people to believe they can do just about anything to their "brothers" and expect to not only get away with it legally but actually be forgiven for it.

LHG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit