So......online dating sites; yay or nay?

by tim hooper 42 Replies latest social relationships

• tim hooper
    tim hooper

OK, all you lovely people,

So it's been a year now since Mrs H and I went our seperate ways, and even though there are people on the boards that I've come to love very much I've started having a tic in one eye whenever I see a presentable lady in real life. I guess that means that I maybe ready to start looking for some female companionship.

Thing is, it''s been over 20 years since I last went on 'the pull', and I'm a bit rusty these days. A friend suggested that I join the 21stC and have a look at online dating sites, so I've had a brief look at MSN this morning and, frankly, it's a tad scary!

What I'd really appreciate is a little feedback here. Do these sites actually work? Is there a bunny-boiler filter that I can download? Do gold-diggers come appropriately labelled? Will they just want my body for sex all the time? Will they respect me in the morning?

Us blokes have to be careful, you know......

tim

• misanthropic
    misanthropic
    Is there a bunny-boiler filter that I can download? Do gold-diggers come appropriately labelled? Will they just want my body for sex all the time? Will they respect me in the morning?
    Us blokes have to be careful, you know......

You might have been joking about this but it's truer than you know. I used to never think this before, but I believe men are just as vulnerable to "online weirdo's". I just have to say after an email I got from one of my friends this morning (a male friend) be careful, be very careful. There are apparently some weird, stalking, strange women out there. I will never joke about me being an online stalker again... There are some seriously sick and disturbed people out there.

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

a big nay. i tried it a few times, never a good thing in my experience. i find it funny though when the women on there say, if all you want is sex, or if you can't respect me don't bother, then they post pics of their boobs, and stuff like that. very entertaining, but, not recommended, unless your looking for a quick hassle free hook up. then it's great. i just wouldn't try to meet a potential life mate on those. good luck.

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

i dont know what to tell ya,but you can look at plentyoffish and itll keep you wicked amused for a while..its free too..seems to cater to the trailerpark crowd,but very very interesting to read...good luck! i met my husband on yahoo about 7 years ago,but i think it was a lark.most of them on the site now are sketchy and all look and say the same things..rarely,someone will jump out as unique or interesting...also,make sure their picture isnt 25 years old...harharhar

• needproof
    needproof

It's a no from me chief.

• needproof
    needproof

Has anybody played that 'artofpickup' movie at the bottom? What a load of old rubbish

• juni
    juni

I've heard pros and cons Tim.

My son did Match.com and went on one date w/a divorced lady who only talked about her past bad relationships and marriage. Needless to say, that was the last date w/her.

He's only 30 and good looking. But he does have 2 little girls and is divorced.

Other stories I've heard sounded successful.

You have to use common sense and just jump in and try. Just be sure to ONLY use the head between your shoulders. LOL

Good luck and keep us posted.

Juni

• DJK
    DJK

NAY!

• blondie
    blondie

My husband doesn't like me going on those online dating sites! Nay!

• juni
    juni

Irreverent wears "wife beater" tee shirts Blondie?

Cute comic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit