Carniverous animals... SHOULD they eat grass?

by LtCmd.Lore 19 Replies latest jw friends

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore

(Isaiah 11:7) . . .And the cow and the bear themselves will feed; together their young ones will lie down. And even the lion will eat straw just like the bull. . .

I'm not gonna argue whether or not that's actually literal. Or whether it's possible (It's not.) But the dubs think it is both literal and possible... Would that actually be a good thing?

Me and my dad were driving home from McDonalds. On the way home we saw a hawk getting chased around by a much smaller bird... My dad then told me about this one time that he saw a whole flock of Barn Swallows fighting with a hawk. He said it was really cool the way they were swooping around in formation attacking it as a group.

He didn't say about how great Jehovah is for this... But I know he would have if the conversation had lasted longer.

But what if the hawk was a vegetarian? As cool as that was, it would never happen again, because the hawk would not have been hunting for chicks. The birds would just continue on their daily rutine.

But it's not just birds. EVERYTHING has a defense/offence, and normally it's a pretty cool looking defense or attack.

Puffer fish would never puff up. Camelians would never change colors. Spiders would never build webs. Wasps would not attack spiders. Turtles wouldn't ever even have to go in their shell. Lepords would NOT chase gazelles. Purcupine quills would be rendered useless, along with bee stingers and snake venom. Obviously viruses would be totally extinct, which negates the need for an immune system. Cats wouldn't chase mice. Bats wouldn't chase moths. I dunno if Venus fly traps would still work or not. Ant colonies would not battle. Humans wouldn't build fighter jets or tanks. Armadillos would not curl up, nor would pill bugs. Sharks and dolphins wouldn't coordinate their attacks. Birds wouldn't swoop down to catch a fish or mouse.

I could probably go on and on. Just think of any time that you watched a nature show, and the moment you said: "Hey THAT'S cool!" whatever it was probably wouldn't have happened in 'paradise'.

I dare say that anyone who is interested in nature... would quickly lose interest in a world without predators.

Lore

• parakeet
    parakeet

I remember an elder telling me in all seriousness that during WWII, lions and other carnivores in London zoos were fed straw because of a meat shortage, and that the cats' health was better than when they ate meat.

When I asked him why the zookeepers resumed feeding meat to the cats after the war, considering how well they fared on straw, he just mumbled something about worldlings' ignorance and walked away.

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

Natural selection due in part to pressures from predatory animals is what has given us all the diversity in life today. Without predatory pressures they'd all turn into animals that can process pant matter most efficiently. I think a paradise Earth would eventually become filled with gassy cows.

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore

No TV, no meat, no sports, no video games, no competition, no sex for some people... And now even NATURE is becoming lame?

This paradise is sounding more and more like hell the more I think about it.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Wipe out all predatorial animals. That would eliminate a lot of suffering. Many predators start eating their prey while it is still alive. 'Course, that would mean that the culling and animal population control would fall to us humans. We could do it humanely. Sounds wacked, and probably is, but what do we do w human predators, people who prey on other people? We generally don't leave them free to roam the streets. S

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

" Isaiah 11:7) . . .And the cow and the bear themselves will feed; together their young ones will lie down. And even the lion will eat straw just like the bull. . ."

FYI, animals don't eat straw, they eat hay. They lie ( sleep, give birth,snuggle, etc. ) in straw.

Who wrote this stuff anyway ?. Oh yeah, the Isaiah dude.

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore
    'Course, that would mean that the culling and animal population control would fall to us humans.

Yeah, what about rabbits?

If they reproduce like they always do... AND they don't have any predators. How will anything else survive?

(Can you say: "Tribbles"?)

• Satanus
    Satanus

LCL 'Yeah, what about rabbits?' Add rabbit burgers, rabbit fingers, filet of rabbit, rabbit ribs, deep fried rabbit, rabbit salad to macdonalds, kfc, etc menus. S

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

Personally, I think rabbitt is delicious . . . without a doubt the " new meat " for the world.AND the skins make great gloves. And all the rabbitts want to do is the same thing that I want to do all day long. What a wonderful life! Then, after 5 or so years of contributing, I would even let you make a couple of man-skin gloves out of me and maybe a wallet. Let your imaginations be your guide.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Satanus..Your philosophy happens every day in my yard(the wilderness)..Survival of the fittest,theres not a dam thing you can do about it...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit