MAJOR UN/WTS NEWS- UN LETTER & 1992 Press R...

by hawkaw 589 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• mindfield
    mindfield

sorry hawkaw! forgot your name there... great press release!

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Thanks fed ex and everyone else.

I edited a couple of releases.

Which one is it and where can I view it (I haven't been following the board all weekend - spending time with wife & son).

hawk

• Rex B13
    Rex B13

This is great but I am not getting good hard copies out of my printer using the saved jpeg file. I even ran it through my viewer program filters. Can anyone help me out?
    Rex

• zev
    zev

i could snail mail a copy i suppose...
    but i did print mine without a hitch...i had to twiddle and fiddle a few settings...
    but it did print as almost a real fax i just received...which i suppose that really it is now, taint it?

-Zev
    -August 8th, 2001 - The day the lambs ROARED

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

FLAG!!!!

Rex,

Why not open your Word software and then click on "Insert" bar and then scroll down to "picture" and then scroll to "From file..." and hit enter.

After that your directories and files should come up. Click on your .jpeg file and up should pop the picture onto the screen.

Then you can adjust the image in Word and them print.

hawk

• mommy
    mommy

Hey all
    I posted this message on another thread, and will repeat here to see if I can get an answer:
    I need a bit of info if you don't mind, and if you know it. NGO's who are on a consultive status with any affiliate of the Un must report every 4 years, this is called a quadrennial report. I have been able to review those in 1996 (the year that the WTBTS would be due) and find no report filed for them. Also there was no action taken against them in 1997 for not filing a report(that I have found so far)
    So the question be~ What would the name of the yearly report be. Knowing the UN it is not easy...lol It has a very weird name that I could never figure out on my own, unless someone told me or I stumbled upon it. If you or anyone knows this please let me know.

I assume if the quadrennial reports are public, then the yearly reports would be as well. We just have to get our hands on them. Thanks in advance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Ok so this morning I found a wonderful thing see this link:
    . http://www.unhchr.ch/html/racism/05-ngolist.html

This is a list of NGOs not in Consultative Status with the Economic and Social Council. If you scroll down to the "W" you will not find the WTBTS.

OK so what does this mean? I can track them down easier now
    Mind if I holler? WOOHOO!
    wendy

Blind faith can justify anything.~Richard Dawkins

• mommy
    mommy

Oh yes one more thing. Why would the WTBTS need to be in a consulative status with the Economic and Social Council? This is not required by the NGO's. Of course being in this status does open the door to the World Bank for them. Hmmm makes you wonder.
    wendy

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Wendy,

You got the wrong UN department for NGOs.

There are a variety of NGOs that are with a variety of departments at the NGO.

The NGOs that have been given "consultative" status are with ECOSOC.

They are separate from the Department of Public Information. The NGOs apply separately to DPI and a different DPI committee reviews and acredits NGOs to give them "associate" status with the DPI.

Applying for Consultative status is different than associate status and there are different rules and a different committee.

For DPI associate status go here:
    ( http://www.un.org/partners/civil_society/ngo/ngos-dpi.htm#top

For ECOSOC "consultantice status go here:
    ( http://www.un.org/partners/civil_society/ngo/n-ecosoc.htm

Hope it helps. Note WTS is/was only a NGO that was "associated" with DPI and did not have "consultative" status as an NGO with ECOSOC.

hawk

• mommy
    mommy

Oh Duggers!
    Well, back to the drawing board. No wonder I couldn't find the reports then. The NGO's on the list I posted are then NGO's for the ECOSOC? Because at the site I pulled them from there is no distinction. It is an invite to the World Racism Conference. Sorry to cause a problem, I just misunderstood.
    wendy

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Wendy,

wannahelp should be going to the UN today to get the brouchure.

I have put in a request with the offical UN library to get a copy of press rlease issued in 1992 showing all NGOs that were accredited by the DPI committee.

There is also one more little piece of the pie that I have targeted. This will put some of you over the edge.

There is still no way I can get the Watchtower file release but hold on - there is still more to come.

NOW LET'S ROLL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hawk

p.s. - Mad Apostate - did you fall of a cliff?????? We need you and your "optics". I have noticed way too many people describing the WTS as a member of the UN and other wrong descriptions. We need your expertise to make sure everyone has their terminology correct. You and Wendy should hook up seeing both of you identified the fact that the DPI uses press releases/articles with the words "partnerships" and "partners" when describing the relationship between the UN and NGOs associated with the UN's DPI.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit