The End Is Near!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Irish Rose 28 Replies latest jw friends

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    Hi Nvr, you are such a nice person that I would not have thought otherwise!

Hope the rest of the week brings you peace.

Most kind of you to say. And I wish you peace as well brother.

• Amber Rose
    Amber Rose

Yeah, we are living in the toenails of the image in Daniel's dream!

• delilah
    delilah

That was the hardest thing to get out of my mind too, because it was so deeply imbedded. They use the fear of armageddon coming, to keep us on that hamster wheel, running, and running and running. This way, we have no time to actually live, outside the borg, and enjoy life.

I don't worry about it anymore....even when my parents say, "your children will die, you know, doesn't that upset you?"

• Sasha
    Sasha

Probably....Iran is gonna mess with Isreal and THAT'S serious. Maybe they will bomb us, too. Then Jesus will come. "If Jesus didd not interfere , all man would be destroyed" I'm paraphrasing.,

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

the end will never come... why? because millions now living will never die... wow... except, most that where there when that book came out have already died... we'll all die... well stated... live each day to its fullest, cuz there may be no tomorrow

the infamous one

• heathen
    heathen

At least we can't say they are the only ones that believe the end is close , most fundamental religions believe in the rapture being close but they don't pick dates for the event that prove to be wrong either and they don't encourage people to serve them but do try to con them for money . I believe we are in critical times hard to deal with since nuclear proliferation is out of control and a holy war going on.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Like u said, the end is always near. Just not in the way they want us to believe. Every moment should be lived as if it our last. CG

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    The thing I could never understand about people in the Watchtower, on how they would put their lives on hold, because the end was "right around the corner".

They (we) put our lives on hold because we were told that we needed to put EVERYTHING aside to become JWs and to preach the WTS message. Since the "end" was always SO CLOSE.... it couldn't possibly go on much longer.....and that was in 1972 when I was baptized into this cult. We foolishly trusted in the men of the Watchtower, much against the warning in the bible that said "NOT to put your trust in men for your salvation"...but somewhow that warning went right over our heads anyway.

The WTS has had to change and revise many of their faulty predictions and speculations taught as "truth", which turned out to be nothing but the wrong opinions of men in NY. There is NOTHING to fear in what THEY say.....unless, of course, you believe them!

• Save My Soul
    Save My Soul

I was a pioneer at 15. At 18 after HS I said I wanted a great career job, a beautiful wife and 5 children. I was talked to by the elders for spreading dissension. I asked the elders to come off of the list so I could work, but I was kicked off 8 months later.

I have accomplished most of my goals, stable, pool home on a hill, beautiful wife and 4 children.

I look at some of the witnesses I grew up with a say WOW, glad I did not listen.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit