Notes: Friday District Convention - Follow the Anointed Who Follow Christ

by truthseeker 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Warlock
    Warlock
    ..Isn`t Jesus supposed to be the mediator between humanity and God?.....

I left a religion that used a priest to do this.

The FDS has put themselves in the same place as the priest.

What's the difference?

Warlock

• mcsemike
    mcsemike

To Drew:

I think the "three lines of evidence" are Moe, Larry, and Curly. Ted Jaracz has the right about of hair to be Curly and his IQ is about the same. In fact, most of the GB are similar. Whatever their age is, that's their IQ.

• mcsemike
    mcsemike

Outlaw: I loved your statement about Jehovah doing what the WT told him to do. It always is that way, isn't it?

Russell started this insanity when he said his "Studies in the Scriptures" books were more valuable to Christians than the Bible if a person could only have one. Personally, I choose the Bible, although I'm now an agnostic.

Can you imagine ANY religion saying that it's writings that are designed to explain the Bible are more important and accurate than the Bible itself?? I wonder how the WTS views those Golden plates or whatever the Mormons are based on. I'm sure the Mormons view their "Book of Mormon" as equal to, if not above, the Bible. Both groups are wrong.

• blondie
    blondie

BTW, the Mormons to view the holy writings they received after the Bible as being superior, even superseding statements in the Bible. After all, they believe they are from God. Just reporting, not supporting.

• Emma
    Emma
    How can they say the number is dwindling.

Because they've believed it for years; because part of their "faith" was based on this evidence; because they're taught to believe two opposing "truths" and not see the impossibility of it.

Some of the older ones, ones in the "truth" for decades must be suffering a quiet desperation. They were never going to have to die and yet they see the end. Still, they have have to present a positive, happy face.

• katbird_27
    katbird_27

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who felt that last talk was out of place. I even put in my notes that it contradicted all that was siad earlier in the day. My (JW) mom even agreed with me when I told her I didn't "get" the last talk, so maybe something somewhere is getting through to her. (and therefore other rank and files?)

• moshe
    moshe

I keep hoping some new writers will bring sanity to the WT Org. Sadly, it has not happened at this years Convention.- same old mind controlling Org at work.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit