Witnesses on federal and state assistance programs

by AZ 3 Replies latest jw friends

• AZ
    AZ

Has anyone ever noticed the amount of Witnesses that receive assistance through state and federal programs, like welfare, food stamps, medicaid, WIC...I'm sure it varied from area to area but does anyone feel they noticed people within the congregation were using it too much...
    I was just thinking about it. I guess cause the other day I had an appt with my financial advisor (I'm so glad I'm saving for my retirement!!) and there's a restaraunt below the offices...My advisor was telling me that when they get there in the morning the cleaning man at the restaraunt always has his music turned up all the way...She said people at the office were complaining. I know who the cleaning man was...a brother in my former congregation. There are so many brothers and sisters in our congregation that had cleaning jobs like that. I don't know how they made ends meet. You got to do what you got to do to pay your bills but there were a few that I know of on welfare and they abused the system terribly. I know a sister who lied about her husbands income so she could get the state to pay for her gastric bypass. It always ircked me that the WT encouraged everyone to not get a real education. I felt they made out like you could still get a good job based on the skills you learned being a witness. But it's BS and they basically force a lot of brothers and sisters to rely on the government to support themselves.

• carla
    carla

Rather ironic that they have to rely on Satan and his organization for food, rent, and health care isn't it?

• Warlock
    Warlock
    I guess cause the other day I had an appt with my financial advisor (I'm so glad I'm saving for my retirement!!)

Keep saving!!

Warlock

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

An elder/pioneer in my old congregation told me he feels bad taking welfare, but if he took a job he couldn't pioneer. Even then -- at like 19 yrs old -- I KNEW something was wrong with that.

Dave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit