Went to visit the EX

by anewme 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Crafty Lady
    Crafty Lady

I don't post much but I just have to say--Bravo! You handled that with such dignity and class and love. What a moving story.

Crafty

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I am touched and moved to tears sister.

I am glad you've found happiness anewme. But acknowledging and facing where you came from and what you shared with your ex was a noble and healthy thing. Understanding and acceptance are always positive.

Life is short.

Be happy my friend.

Nvr

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

That really brought small tears to my eyes. I felt like I was in the room with you. You have a gift to write.

I have been divorced and I could just imagine how visiting my ex would be. I wish that would happen to me so I could heal. I know it must feel good in some ways but hurt in others. It reminded me of my visit to my mother after I was DFed and had to return some things. I remember how she had taken all of the pictures of me down and that some things were different. But some things were there that were the same as always.

I just want to hug you! God bless!

Renee

• Open mind
    Open mind

My heart goes out to you anewme. Life is so short. It was so good and human of you to reach out like that.

ANEWME

Open Mind

• brinjen
    brinjen

Beautiful story. Let's hope your ex starts thinking....

• jgnat
    jgnat

Yes, you two still do love each other. I've seen this often with mature divorced couples. Some become enduring friends. Who knows?

Wonderfully written, full of bright imagery and feeling.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Brought a tear to my eye. I hope its fiction.

• Vernon Williams
    Vernon Williams

You showed compassion, concern, and were empathetic: your right: you do not belong in the JWs as those charming qualities just do not fit in to the controlled behaviors of the Witnessess.

Blessings.

V

• juni
    juni

It's not fiction jaquarbass. Anewme is a true lady....she has recovered from an overwhelming situation that didn't leave her with many choices.

Words escape me hon. You are truly at peace with yourself.

Love, Juni

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit