More help needed... if you can! (for FHN)

by bebu 50 Replies latest jw friends

• bebu
    bebu

Hey all,

No pressure, no guilt, but for those of you who CAN, and those who feel like they would like to make a difference for someone special on this board (aka "family" to many of you), could you please consider helping a 'sister' in real need?

FlyingHighNow needs some short-term help financially. One good thing is that I've been able to find a wonderful agency (angelfoodministries.com) which will give her a month's supply of food each month practically free! But in trying to take care of a lot of paperwork/details/dr appointments she is in real danger of losing her job if she misses work. I don't know all the ins and outs of that, but she's doing her best to keep it and stay sane. She needs to stay sane to keep the kids and keep her job. Catch-22!!

She has a Paypal account and you can send her something to pay for a babysitter (since Andy is no longer able to watch the kids) or gas or dr. copays or gas or pull-ups or gas.

I hope you won't mind if I put this thread BTTT every so often.

Thanks again,

bebu

• juni
    juni

Bebu, can you post a link or give information where to go to donate through PayPal? I don't know much about that.

Thanks.

Juni

• bebu
    bebu

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/134660/1.ashx

(The link to the original thread.)

Remember to PM FlyingHighNow to get her info.

bebu

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

I would say every little bit helps, and adds up, so even $5-$10 through PayPal could add up fast if enough of us do it!

Bebu, will you keep bumping this thread weekly so those of us who get paid periodically can add funds as we have them available?

• juni
    juni

Thanks a lot for the info. She is a very sweet lady.

Juni

• Kudra
    Kudra

Do we pm FHN to find out how to donate via paypal?

I read the original thread and did not see how to donate to paypal.

thanks

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

Kudra, I will PM you her info. I don't think she wants it posted publicly and she may not always be available. Bebu should have it too, I saw FHN's post on her thread that Bebu can PM her info as well.

• bebu
    bebu

Juni, you need to sign up to have a paypal account. And you have to connect a debit card or credit card to the account; I think you can also connect a bank account to the paypal account from which funds will be taken. If I recall correctly, using a bank account will not result in FHN having to pay fees for receiving the money.

After the account is all set up, you need to get the person's email address to whom you are sending money. People use paypal most often for paying for items bought on ebay, but it can be used to pay anyone who has an email address. It's convenient, but some people dislike it for various reasons (none that would be relevent in this situation, though).

GGBG, you're right about every little bit.

I also try to frame difficulties as investments. FHN needs a hand up for a short bit. She's a good investment. We can't afford to lose a smart cookie like her from the board.

bebu

• compound complex
  • anewme
    anewme

I sent her off a bank check today. It felt so good to help such a worthy sweet person as FHN, a fellow exjw in need. I agree, to give to a person is better than giving to an entity sometimes (although there are many worthy charities who need support for sure!)

Its just that, if you have ever been in need, you know how just a little kindness can allay the terrible fears and worry that no one cares and neither does God! Those are horrible attacks of fear that undermine our joy and sanity! Words of courage and acts of kindness and small amounts of cash add up to a very strong and encouraging message of hope to those suffering a terrible blow or tragedy.

Do what you can to offer some mercy and aid to those in need.

You will be truly walking in his footsteps.

Anewme

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit