My Story

by 38 Years 36 Replies latest jw experiences

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I just read your story. Thanks for the follow up on the elders and the accident.
    I am glad you decided to do something about being unhappy. Maybe your
    sister will come around because of your example.

I had a similar problem opening up the computer to the anti-JW materials and
    the same eye-opening experiences when I did.

• Highlander
    Highlander

Thank you for your story!

Welcome to JWD.

One day, I decided to visit this discussion board and I have been enjoying it for 4 years. I finally decided it was time to join.

This is further evidence that this DB is for more than those that just post here. It's encouraging to me to know that doubting dubs are reading from this site and growing

alongside the rest of us.

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

38 that was a great story,,,I sure can relate, I also was in the cult during those years. Glad you are here with us.

Vernon welcome also!!!

Leslie

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

38years: Welcome to the board...and great story. I sure hope your sister figures it out soon. It sounds like you two are very close.

I knew something was wrong with the way the Society was running the Organization.

Noo.....The Society IS the Organization IS the Society (S=O=S).... oh, that spells HELP! (haha)

SnakesInTheTower (of the missing lots of meetings Sheep Class)

• 38 Years
    38 Years

Snakes, you are too funny! LOL

Thanks to all of you!

• R.F.
    R.F.

Thanks for sharing your story 38 years.

This is yet another story of the truth of this organization.

• Quandry
    Quandry

38 years,

I just read your story. I had welcomed you, but then somehow missed when you wrote it. I have a question. You mentioned that you used to be a Baptist (So was I) before your 38 years in the WT org. (I was in over 30). Have you gone back to that religion or have you found any religion that you like now? You mentioned that you still believe in God and Christ (so do I) but I know how hard it is once you are so completely dissillutioned.

Thanks for your story. It reads like many here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit