Ever done something that you really regret? Moments of madness...

by needproof 12 Replies latest jw friends

• needproof
    needproof

Hi guys and girls,

well today I did something which was totally out of character and I deeply regret it.

I was just driving out of a car park, at a store where it was pensioners money off day. Naturally, it was packed. As I queued to get out, some guy barged his way past in his larger estate car in a totally illegal road move. For some reason, I became so very agitated, and just lost the plot.

I started relentlessly honking my horn, got out onto the main road and drove past at a speed, whilst hurling abuse into his car. As I passed, I thought 'what a complete idiotic thing to do'.

I looked into his car and it was just some old person. He gave me a look of complete surprise like he didn't even know why I was going crazy at him. You know what, I didn't even know. I just lost it.

I had no right to hurl abuse like that. I felt so bad about it afterwards, a feeling of complete betrayal of my natural self to do something like this. I wish I could catch him up and apologize.

Life is full of regrets, and no doubt he has experienced a lot worse. I posted this to help my guilty feelings over the matter.

Does anybody else have any similar experiences?

• Sirona
    Sirona

Well at least you acknowledge the issue. Some people would have felt justified and have no remorse. Think about your anger issues though, try and establish if there is something else eating away at you which caused this.

Have I ever done something I really regret? Oh yes. All the time.

Sirona

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Needproof, have a .

Your response to this situation had nothing to do with the situation itself.

The events you described simply triggered your "meltdown".

You have pent up anger and frustration that you've buried deep.

Find a way to let it go.

Quiet introspection may suffice. If you opt to seek help elsewhere, not saying that is required, that may work as well.

Wishing you the very best brother,

Nvr

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

It is a common problem. And as stated, the actual moment of rage is likely not connected as closely with the incident as it is to internal turmoil. It is good to analyze the matter and calm the inner storm that caused it.

Jeff

• fifi40
    fifi40

Needproof................could I suggest a few lines of your complete regret on the front page of The Leicester Mercury might suffice...........

Chill honey...............none of us are perfect..............you just found out your not either

We have and do, all do things which later we regret and like one of the earlier posters already said maybe it was just deeper frustration surfacing.

keep smiling

Fifi

• needproof
    needproof

Thanks guys. I have a problem with my anger somewhere that needs to be addressed. For the last couple of instances (it happens once every blue moon) I have vowed not to have it happen again. Well, it used to happen quite often, but whats the point in that? I am really going to try to let it go over my head in future and not make a complete fool of myself. How foolish I must have looked.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

(((needproof)))

Like the others say, it was probably an accumulation of things - you've had a few things on your mind lately, the useless solicitor, dodgy Russian neighbours etc. We all have our moments - you're an ok person!

Recognising you have a problem with anger is a really good indication that you're on the way to recovery. If there are any anger management courses running in your area, it might be worth signing up (I have visions of everyone shouting at each other and punching each other's lights out at such courses lol!). Sometimes local adult education centres run them. If you suspect it's caused by a deeper issue, please consider counselling - it's hard and painful but really does work

Have I had any mad moments? Yes

• needproof
    needproof

Counseling is something I have thought about for a long time. I remember an old boss telling me that I was a lot like him. We both behaved like a heart rate monitor, bleep, bleep, bleep 99% of the time but then once in a blue moon it goes BLEEPBLEEPBLEEPBLEEP and off the scale. I guess that summed me up. Ah, he was a good boss.

• misanthropic
    misanthropic
    We both behaved like a heart rate monitor, bleep, bleep, bleep 99% of the time but then once in a blue moon it goes BLEEPBLEEPBLEEPBLEEP and off the scale. I guess that summed me up. Ah, he was a good boss.

It's called holding everything inside and I can totally relate. I do it all the time but then it makes for a ticking time bomb and you often blow up at the wrong people. You should find other avenues to get your anger out. Since I started doing that a lot of my "anger problems" aren't so bad. I still hold everything inside, always will probably~ that's just who I am and it's hard to change things like that. But it's better to find healthier ways to relieve stress and anger so it doesn't remain all bottled up inside.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

I too have moments of road rage - mostly on my way to work. Had one this morning at the toll booth, this lady in front of me was dropping in one coin at a time and she seemed to have a million, I went absolutly crazy, honking my horn, screeming, cussing at her.

When I finally passed her I noticed that she was a little old lady, probably couldn't see very well, then I felt like a complete idiot!!!

I think we all have days when we go a little crazy! Here is a hug from me to you, hope today is better!!!

nj

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit