I Graduated Today!

by EnlightenedMind 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• EnlightenedMind
    EnlightenedMind

I graduated from law school this morning! It was a very special day. My sister came into town and gave me a card that read:

"Congratulations on your graduation! Best wishes on your future. You should be proud of your accomplishments. However, none of this would be possible without our loving creator, Jehovah - for he gave us life. Remember Jehovah." (Emphasis hers, not mine.)

• averyniceguy
    averyniceguy

Oh boy at your sister, but Congratulations!

• zeroday
    zeroday

"Congratulations on your graduation! Best wishes on your future. You should be proud of your accomplishments. However, none of this would be possible without our loving creator, Jehovah - for he gave us life. Remember Jehovah." (Emphasis hers, not mine.)

And then you PUKED all over her right... hope so...

• zeroday
    zeroday

Did you tell her that same education you received would have had you DISFELLOWSHIPPED a mere 30 years ago OH and THANKS TO THAT LOVING CREATOR JEHOVAH.....

• EnlightenedMind
    EnlightenedMind

Thanks guys. I thought about mailing the card back to her, but I didn't want to be ugly. It wouldn't do any good anyway. I just tossed it aside and refused to let it ruin my day.

• zeroday
    zeroday
    thought about mailing the card back to her, but I didn't want to be ugly.

Don't really have to be ugly just search "higher education" in the Watchtower CD and let her read for herself the society's ever changing views on education. Stand back and say nothing. There is nothing as sweet as PURE hypocrity...

• John Doe
    John Doe

What kind of law are you going into? Have you taken the bar? I'm starting law school in August.

• EnlightenedMind
    EnlightenedMind

I take the bar in July. The law firm I work for is a general practice, so we practice lots of different kinds of law, but we mostly do family law and personal injury. Congrats on getting into law school. I'll PM you with more about law school in general.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Just what the world needs, another stinkin' lawyer. (Just kidding).

So, which is worse....the Socrates method of teaching, preparing for law school exams, post-exam-mortem, or the worry over class rank? (The post-exam mortem is awful after the Bar). Don't worry, it gets worse.....clients who sue you, clients who stalk you, clients who don't listen to you, clients who don't pay bills, partners that overwork you, partners that yell at you, drunk partners, old married partners that make a pass at you, billable hours, finding time to do CLE. But, there is a glimmer of hope....a good legal secretary.

Congratulations on a job well done,

Skeeter

• horrible life
    horrible life

My daughter wants to go to law school. Then into politics. Congratulations!!! Any politics in your future????

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit