The Greatest lies of the Truth........do you know some ?

by Handsome Dan 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

What about all Scripture is inspired and beneficial? They preach James chapter 2, about the kind of works like service (a prime example of taking a scripture out of context and using it to support your own doctrine). Of course, a trip to Ephesians 2:8 and 9 will reveal that salvation is not owing to works. If it were, then salvation would be a wage, not a gift. And the Bible explicitly states that the wages of sin is death but salvation is a gift. Seems like a contradiction to me: and the Watchtower Society makes it even more blatant a contradiction!

• Watkins
    Watkins

Yeah, there are too many - but my personal thorn is the 2 class system of salvation. Totally unscriptural with links made of lies to the 144,000 in Revelation. So many scriptures state otherwise. There is only one hope issued from Heaven, one Lord, one spirit, one body of believers. There are only believers and unbelievers in the Bible.

Good ones so far...

~Watkins~

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

That humans are somehow unrelated to and separate from the entire rest of the natural world, and that in a world where all living things eventually die, only humans were not intended to die, but die anyway because a human ancestor disobeyed and was NOT forgiven by God.

• greendawn
    greendawn

That the 144 000 are a literal number a blatantly false idea since the whole context of the 144 000 is symbolic. Also the Great Crowd are clearly in heaven and not on earth and the whole paradise on earth concept doesn't exist in the Bible no group is mentioned as being confined in it for ever.

The above ideas led most JWs to not entering the New Covenent something that destroys the essence of their "christian" faith.

• Handsome Dan
    Handsome Dan

Good point Greendawn

• Arthur
    Arthur

greendawn mentioned the doctrine of the 144,000 being a literal number. I too find this doctrine idiotic. I would encourage all of you to go to the jwinfoline website and listen to the testimony of Ed Dunlap on this subject. Ed describes what he discovered in the New World Translation regarding certain passages describing the Great Crowd in Revelation. He relates how he found huge inconstencies and dishonesty in the way these passages were translated.

For any of you who don't know, Ed Dunlap was the registrar of the Gilead School in Brooklyn Bethel back in the 1970's. He was a close friend of Ray Franz. During the witch hunt in Brooklyn Bethel back in 1980, the Governing Body found out about Ed making these discoveries in his research. When they found out that he had shared them with close friends (including Franz) they disfellowshipped him.

You can listen to his story at this link. It's about an hour and a half, but it is very interesting and enlightening. http://jwinfoline.com/Page/audio.htm

• Handsome Dan
    Handsome Dan

Thanks Arthur

• greendawn
    greendawn

They also claim that Russell worked out the 1914 date, in fact he never calculated it but instead got it from the adventists and more specifically Nelson Barbour with whom he was associating for a while. Nowhere does the WTS mention that the 52 year old Barbour was the teacher of the 24 year old Russell and that the JWs are an adventist offshoot who inherited their end of times hysteria.

• Handsome Dan
    Handsome Dan

Another good one greendawn.........an honest portrayal of the organization from it's roots.........thanks

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

The "new light" doctrine may be one that irratates me the most, as their is no acknowledgment that "old light" is nothing more than a lie. And they wrap this up with the phrase "current truth" - Jesus H. Christ it's either truth or not - God's Organization or NOT.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit