Why We Can Hope for the End of the Watchtower

by metatron 43 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

Forgive me for starting a new thread - apart from the emerging news about child abuse settlements

but I simply feel that, for all of us who have suffered persecution from the Watchtower Society, their

end may now be in sight. How so?

I have long been depressed by the thought that the Society may have enough real estate to sell off to

fund their operations indefinitely but a future full of expensive settlements changes all that.

Further, as more news of these settlements spreads - and the Society continues to cutback

on everything - donations are likely to fall further and more lawsuits are likely to be seen as

profitable or successful.

Furthermore, the Society's monolithic image of legal invincibility is weakening. In particular,

the emergence of liability issues will cost them dearly. More than that, if the courts hold them

accountable for volunteers distributing the magazines, the result will be disaster.

There is - and has been - only one way to destroy the family- wrecking evil that is the

Watchtower Society:

Keep Chipping Away!

This is a guerilla war and we can endlessly drain them - while they cannot remove our internet

"sanctuary". Cut off the head ( financially) and the body of this snake will die.

Thank You

metatron

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

nice post! I agree.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

It's been a very bad year for the Watchtower, and it's only May. The large settlements and the Sextuplets cases are hitting them pretty hard. Bad publicity along with millions of dollars lost isn't a good thing.

I've been back and forth on the opinion about the WTS dying. One thing I do have to remember is the WTS isn't a very popular "religion" (as compared to the Catholic Church, Anglican, or even The Mormons). It's quite a puny little thing in comparison, and their increase is almost insignificant. There is a chance that they could go under.

• ninja
    ninja

I used to hope for the end of the watchtower every sunday....it was just that the watchtower conductor used to go overtime every week.....grrrrr

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

I guess I could see it scaling back alot more, but we're talking about a million people here. They're going to have to find someplace to go, and they've been told this is the ONLY way to get into the new system. So if the corporation goes bankrupt what will all those people do? They'll still clamor for WT literature, they would just cut down on everything. I don't think a million people would just disperse just like that.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The Watchtower is a Jenga tower. I have read that you can't take on the tower by
    taking shots at doctrines here and there. You need to undermine the entire tower
    so that it crumbles all at once.

That is not a perfect analogy. The latest manuevers at WTS and the results show
    that it is a flawed analogy. You don't need to successfully topple the tower all at
    once. Taking shots adds to the tower's weaknesses. It becomes a Jenga tower,
    and the next piece removed might cause it's demise.

Cutbacks at Bethel, rulings in France, settlements instead of fighting to the Supreme
    Court. These have come a long way. Now, the lawyers who wondered what to do
    with their abuse cases know what they should do. Others will be emboldened to join
    the lawsuits. Some lawyers will even get fringe cases that don't really belong with
    the legitimate ones to be settled. Important Jenga blocks.

In the past, WTS was able to tell the faithful not to sue their brothers. They were able
    to take on the few cases and bog them down in legal manuevers. Public opinion has
    swayed. The faithful become disillusioned. More Jenga blocks.

Don't count them out too quickly. I think their growth in USA, Britain, and most other
    established countries is over. It will still take time to see major reduction, though.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

alt

Notice the possibilites after the tower tumbles. There could still be a base left at the bottom.
    That would be like the core believers. They will never understand the great exodus, and those
    that leave will never understand how they don't open their eyes.

• Tara
    Tara

OnTheWayOut,

...core believers. They will never understand the great exodus, and those
    that leave will never understand how they don't open their eyes.

How true!!!

• Mad
    Mad

What else do you prophesy, O Mighty Prophet? Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

the Mad JW

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Jenga!! Jenga!! Jenga!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit