Engardio's Article about Jw's in USA Today....

by AK - Jeff 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• need i remind you
    need i remind you

Yeah I have to agree that the JWs are the only group of people I associate with on and off. Even though I didn't agree with some of their attitudes or policies, or other people dispize them, they have got to be still on my top five list of favorite religions. Too bad that some of their Kingdom halls are out of order with a cold formal spirit. And it's more or less my problem to an extent that I bailed out because they were moving "too slow" for my liking. It takes two to tango I suppose.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Narkissos expressed my view well [better than I could say it]. The isolationist and evangelical nature of the cult has indeed become a wellspring of freedom in the courts. I do not laud the religion - but the good it has accomplished by it's nature has benefits.

Mary echoed my more vitriolic side regarding the hypocricy they practice on a daily basis.

I ironically cannot find any of the positions stated to be out of the range of my own views, from rabid to reserved. Such is the nature of this odd beast IMO. But of course I refer to the religion itself - not to the leadership of such - at least to the extent they can find separation.

Amazing range of emotions exist within regarding this religion.

Jeff

• jgnat
    jgnat

I'd like to see a lot of these comments repeated on the PBS site when it reopens on May 22. Thought provoking, that is for sure. As a film-maker, then, Engardio has succeeded in making us think.

http://discussions.pbs.org/viewforum.pbs?f=203

• Mary
    Mary
    kid-A said: Oh, you're right Mr. Engardio! Here I was thinking someone like Martin Luther King was an important figure in the evolution of civil liberties in the US, when I should have been thanking Judge "Booze" Rutherford all along for my freedoms!

I believe it's pronounced: Rutherfraud

It comes down to this: The only "freedom" the WTS has won has been to allow themselves to set up a private, parallel universe with its own internal legal system, fascist mindset and "ruling" class all within the broader context of a free society. I cant BELIEVE USA today would print this putrid vomit on its pages.....

Have no fear hon.....I'm expecting this shit to be in the Toronto Star in the very near future. The one good thing about it though is the timing. With the horrific scandal out in BC with 2 of the sextuplets dying and the whole blood fiasco, the Witnesses' reputation up here in Canada is at a low they haven't seen since WWII. When you factor in the pedophile problem with the blood scandal, 'worldly' people don't think too much of the Witnesses anymore. Plus, the backlash from ex-Witnesses on the 'Knocking' documentary is going to find its way into the media and on the internet.

• bobld
    bobld

The Judiciary is a branch of the Government.So in a sense when the WTBTS uses the courts the WTBTS are in fact taking part in the Government.So the WTBTS in not neutral.It does not matter how many court cases the WTBTS won they are involving themselves in politics.If you belong to a union and go on strike.The Union will ask you to picket and as a Jehovah's Witnesses if you do, the WTBTS will come down on you like a ton of bricks.

When GAYS and LESBIANS use the courts and win all of their freedom and rights, the WTBTS better not say a word about the life style of the GAYS and LESBIANS.The WTBTS better CONDONE the life style of the homosexual community because the courts have rule in their favor.So we should not hear any negative remarks at SAD, Circuit Assemblies,District Conventions or any publications be it the Watchtower or Awake, otherwise the GAYS and LESBIANS can and should use the courts and sue the WTBTS for malicious libel.

Bob

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit