Help. How will the Society respond to the Child Abuse Settlements ???

by What-A-Coincidence 15 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Can you add to this list? What scriptures will they probably use???

Expect the following “thought stopping” replies from the society to the congregations:

Don’t go ahead of the organization.
    Wait on Jehovah.
    Do not listen to apostates.
    We are being persecuted.
    This is an attack by Satan.

Those expressions are known as thought stoppers. Think about it. Once you listen to one or more of those phrases…you stop ‘thinking.’ This is a very convenient technique for the Society to use since with it, they can keep the truth from being revealed.

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

I suspect that they will use the "wait on Jah" comment, which is their constant go to. But I also suspect the following: 1) that this info does not become readily available to the rank and file; 2) that they say that only a few cases were settled (Napa only); 3) that they recognized that they could not get a fair hearing because the Judge/County/Judicial System was being motivated by Satan himself, etc.

But first and foremost, I suspect the wait on jah dumb@$$ comment because when I recently brought this up to a close friend's mom, she said that it was improper for people in the hall to take something to court and bring "reproach" upon jah's name and that the person and their family should have waited on jah. My comeback was, well maybe jah was motivating them to bring it to a forefront to force the hand of those who were really bringing reproach upon jah's name, the ones who are preying on our kids and doing horrible things and hiding behind god's name.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    But I also suspect the following: 1) that this info does not become readily available to the rank and file; 2) that they say that only a few cases were settled (Napa only); 3) that they recognized that they could not get a fair hearing because the Judge/County/Judicial System was being motivated by Satan himself, etc.

No. 1 is my opinion. After that, they will say absolutely nothing. "We heard that WTS settled some child abuse
    cases in California" "WTS doesn't discuss any legal cases, nor answer inquiries about such. What cong. are
    you in, so we can let your elders know about your curiosity?"

Seriously, they will not deny, they will just clam up. If rumors run rampant, they will DF gosippers and print articles
    about gossip and loyal submission. Nothing new. This will be fairly successfully swept under the rug, except by
    ex-JW's, so JW's will be continually told not to listen.

• Quandary
    Quandary

For the reasons stated I was so looking forward to finally having some serious media attention brought to the "dirty little secret" of JWs. Unfortunately, once again they will be successful in hiding the truth from the r&f.

Q

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

I really appreciate your input ... operation "WTF" will commence shortly.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I think they'll do what they always do when confronted with their misdeeds.

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

Nvr

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

Well we know that the rank & file will not question the borg as they are a collective, so whatever the mother ship has directed will be the case. As for settling, I am sure it was given a lot of consideration and decided as the best way to proceed. The Napa cases are only a few cases, there are many others out there yet to be won. And whose is to say that this will not change the inner workings enough for some of those who are currently questioning the WTBTS to finally see the "truth" behind the truth.

• Arthur
    Arthur

I'm sure that the Public Relations Department is crafting a very fluffy script for J.R. Brown to deliver to the cameras. For some reason, I am having visions of Richard Nixon standing behind the microphone; hands clenched onto the podium as he stood there and declared: "I am not a crook!"

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    I'm sure that the Public Relations Department is crafting a very fluffy script for J.R. Brown to deliver to the cameras.

Add one thing. J.R. Brown will deliver a "Straw-man" to the cameras.

They won't ever mention lawsuits in California. The most this piece would
    do is say "...many concerns about recent litigations." The piece will go on
    to say how they decided to "help some individuals move on with their lives"
    or similar spins.

A person (like your average JW) who doesn't know the issues will wonder
    what the interview is about.

• metatron
    metatron

Now, Brother, waiting on Jehovah is very good advice!

Whenever you pass by the contribution box, restrain yourself and remember, "wait on Jehovah".

He will provide for his organization - and no one needs to interfere with this miraculous support

by putting money in the box.

metatron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit