March JW Broadcast: Once again disparaging Higher Education - this time in the Music Video.

by cappytan 79 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• eyefell4it2
    eyefell4it2
    Wow. I am disgusted. I can't even comment on the foolish rubbish this promotes. And maybe had someone gone to school and at least gotten a music degree, the song wouldn't sound like a thousand cats scratching a chalkboard in an empty gymnasium. Just disgusting.
  • TTATTelder
    TTATTelder

Yeah that's just embarrassing... and shameless.

-TE

• Laika
    Laika

I guess giving Jehovah your best doesn't involve writing good music.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

It is not a well written song. It is lacking a hook

Hoser ...

One of my sources in Bethel said that they actually changed the original words in the song.

Originally, it was to include that if a brother goes away to college that his penis will fall off.

Then the hook was "you'll never be an elder if you sit when you pee."

Rub a Dub

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Sesame Street has a much more compelling message and musical number:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqpaTT6EcXM

Yikes, JW kids keep watching Sesame Street and they're primed to be exJWs who believe in themselves!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I don't usually swear....but SERIOUSLY. FING. APPALLING. MANIPULATIVE . SH1T!

oh man....we don't need to be "apostate" and try and help others to wake up!....the org is doing a masterful job on its own!

F me! I wish this stuff existed when I was a teenager! It would have made it so much easier to see how crap the org was!

• life is to short
    life is to short

The part in the video about the time can't be replaced. They got that part right. All the years I spent pioneering and living on nothing, sitting in the car for hours on end waiting for my elder husband to get down with his elders meetings. Driving around aimlessly for hours and hours because no one wanted to go door to door just killing time to get pioneer hours in. Working at Bethel and being told I was lazy because I could not lift 90 pounds over my head day in and day out. I could go on and on.

No those hours cannot be replaced thus I will have to work until I am about 75 to 80 to make up for all that waste. How I wish I could turn back time and go to collage, get a good job so I could enjoy some part of my life.

LITS

• Absalom
    Absalom

The guy in the video who turns down the promotion does it because he knows his wife will nag him that he misses meetings. That is the situation for many of us stuck in by marriage. When I skip, I'm happy, have no anxiety, but when the wife gets home I get guilt tripped and nagged about not going.

But when I go, my wife is happy but I am miserable. No peace either way! It really sucks to be in this situation

• BU2B
    BU2B

The guy in the video who turns down the promotion does it because he knows his wife will nag him that he misses meetings. That is the situation for many of us stuck in by marriage. When I skip, I'm happy, have no anxiety, but when the wife gets home I get guilt tripped and nagged about not going.

But when I go, my wife is happy but I am miserable. No peace either way! It really sucks to be in this situation

Thats dead on Absolom. I resonate with your comment. So much of what people do is because of peer pressure. Maybe the girl rejected the college brochures because of pressure from her parents or siblings. I feel the same way about missing meetings. Either I am stressed because of sitting there listening to vile hateful propaganda, or Im stressed because my wife is pissed off and home life sucks. What a sh#tty situation to be in. Sometimes I just want to join the coast guard or something and run from my life.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

It always kills me how blatantly they portray anyone with education and career as so miserable. When the reality is they are feeding into witnesses persecution complex.

“When you think everything is someone else’s fault, you will suffer a lot. When you realize that everything springs only from yourself, you will learn both peace and joy.”

—Dalai Lama

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit