A ex-jws friend told me that she thinks JW's will accept the "mark". How?

by booker-t 13 Replies latest jw friends

• booker-t
    booker-t

A good friend of mine that is an ex-jws and now is a born again christian told me that she thinks that the WT society will demand JW's to accept the "mark" of the beast. I was wondering how would this happen? Will JW's that get baptized at assemblies have to say some sort of "Heil the WT society" or will they somehow denounce Jehovah and Jesus and praise the GB? It is really getting more frightening at the way the WT society is beginning to "crumble" right before our very eyes. But all this needs to happen because they have hurt alot of people.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

They already have accepted the 'mark'

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Accept it? Heck they are probably gonna be key players with the wild beast.

• Honesty
    Honesty

I am willing to prophesy that the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society will help produce the antichrist.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Me too Honesty!!!

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

My opinion is that either the Witnesses will get rid of most of their fringe beliefs and become basically just another religion. Which it's close to being now anyway, if they got rid of disfellowshipping, got rid of the non-questioning for the GB thing, and the blood doctrine, that's what they would essentially be anyway.

But if you're looking for a mark, you don't think the blood card qualifies?

• Bob Loblaw
    Bob Loblaw
    A good friend of mine that is an ex-jws and now is a born again christian told me that she thinks that the WT society will demand JW's to accept the "mark" of the beast. I was wondering how would this happen?

One possibility:

First of all consider the WTS teachings. They are looking for armageddon, and a "new world" to come afterwards. In recent years they have made known that they are fine with "the beast",...the United Nations. They are also looking for ones to be resurrected. One also must consider how quickly they "receive new light" and put it into affect.

Now consider how armageddon may be played out.

There has been a movement, mostly by the powers that be, toward a "just equitable and sustainable world" or a new world order. The movement is moving towards the idea of one currency, one world, one government, and one religion. The powers that be can and have been planting these seeds, but it will take a supernatural human, "the antichrist", to pull it all together and implement the ideas.

According to the bible this antichrist will perform signs, wonders, and miracles to deceive the world. He will negotiate peace in Israel. The world will marvel at what he accomplishes.

What if this antichrist ressurects a person or two? What kind of affect will that have on the WTS and it's members? What if the the antichrist speaks of returning the earth to it's original glory and speaks of a utopian society?

Based on what the WTS wants,...they could easily buy into this and potentially accept the mark.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I guess nobody thought my post was funny...alt ahh well, I liked it!

Anyhow if you believe in the wild beast and whatnot.. The JWs are an insignificant sect. They only seem important to those who have been in.

• journey-on
    journey-on

I did!

• carla
    carla

I think the wt already is an antichrist. I truly believe that, not being a smart aleck.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit