Women's intuition

by looking_glass 10 Replies latest jw experiences

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

I have always said as women we down play our intuition, when we should rely on it more. Words I should have lived by.

Several years ago I dated a guy for 2 years. He lived in the burbs and I was in the City. He owned his own business and I was new to job. I worked long hours in a legal factory of sorts. We saw each other but not every day, which was great, our relationship was good. He almost always came to be with me. Initially I thought that was great, but then I started wondering about that but since I did go to his place a few times, I thought all was fine. After 2 years of dating he decides he is going to move to AZ. I do not want to move, so that ends the relationship. The end was not the best. He continued to call, but I ignored his calls. A year passes and he returns to IL. He starts calling again and eventually I talk to him. He apologizes for some stuff that caused the conflict before he left and we start going out to dinner and eventually we start dating again. Then after 6 months he disappears. Now during the 6 months I get a strange feeling, but I can never put my finger on anything. This was around a year ago that he disappears.

So this week I hear from a friend of mine who is a teacher up in the burbs and she talks about a fund raiser and she mentions one of the big sponsors and it was this guy (again he is a business owner up in the burbs). Then she mentions his WIFE! WTF!!! I ask how long they have been married. Yup, you guessed it. That second 6 month retread, he was MARRIED! I found out from my GF his wife is a long time GF that was going to college in AZ and they waited to get married til she finished college and returned home.

Needless to say, I feel like a fool. I know that I did not intentionally date a married man, but WTF! I cannot help but kick myself for not listening to my intuition which was telling me DANGER DANGER. So take it from me women, if you have a gut feeling .... GO WITH IT cause most likely you are correct.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

awwww I am sorry,

does not sound like you fell madly in love with him, so that should help.

purps

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

No not in love w/ him. I cannot help but wonder what the deal was, why did he need to do what he did. I also feel sorry for his wife. Because I do believe that if people are not in an open marriage, then someone who cheats will always cheat, causing the innocent spouse to be totally devastated. As selfish as it is to say ... THANK GOD IT IS NOT ME.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

the carrie underwood song is fitting

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/132275/1.ashx

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

Too funny purp! Let's hope that this is all she does should she find out cause a bashed up car is nothing in comparison to what some people have done to a cheating spouse!!

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

well the sad thing is that a man (or woman) who will cheat on his wife is a man who will cheat on his wife. Sad for the wife. You ought to read Gavin DeBecker's book "The Gift of Fear." He has a lot to say about why women ignore their intuition and how dangerous that is.

• EnlightenedMind
    EnlightenedMind

from the movie, Madea's Family Reunion:

Woman: So how can you tell when your man is cheating on you?

Madea: You think your man is cheating on you?

Woman: Yes I do.

Madea: That's how you can tell.

Most of us have to learn this the hard way because if we care about somebody, we want to give him the benefit of the doubt. This happened to me once, and I convinced myself I was crazy. Now I know never to second guess my intuition.

• Marcel
    Marcel

thats human intuition not womens ;) lol. no, seriously i dont wanna judge which gender is better in intuition, but i know that my male intuition is incredible accurate often ;D but maybe thats because im male and dont know true intuition lol ;D

• rose petal
    rose petal

Hi, I found out my ex cheated on me. But they make you think that you are going crazy to put you off balance.

I read a year or so back "The script:100% absolutely predictable thing men do when they cheat", by Elizabeth Landers and Vicky Mainzer. It is so true and I had many a "flashback" moment. There is even a guy in the book that takes his wife's credit card, and then gets mad at her for losing it, and she finds him taking the card out of her purse! This is the kind of thing that cheaters do to justify their behaviour.

Rose Petal

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I am with you about women's intuition. People tell me I am paranoid. They are right. And, I will continue to be that way. Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they are not out to get you.

In this case, I would be tempted to send some kind of anonymous lettter to his wife. Let her know what kind of RAT she is married to. The sad thing is that there are TOO many married men who are looking for something on the side. What's even sadder yet is that there are single women who will accept this. Not me. Many men feel it is their birthright to have many women, whether they are married or not.

This is a problem for women who are looking to meet men on the internet because it is sight unseen. The likelihood is that you are more likely to be deceived because you don't have the benefit of the gut feeling when you meet somebody in person. There are a high percentage of married men who are passing themselves off as single. This is one of the reasons why I would not bother with the internet. Too many layers of mystery to unravel.

LHG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit