ANYTHING EXCITING EVER HAPPEN AT YOUR KINGDOM HALL?

by anewme 99 Replies latest jw friends

• Frank75
    Frank75

Have any of you guys ever heard of the rape and murder case involving Paul Bernardo and Karla Humulka? Similar situation took place less the murder.

I obtained some congregation documents one day that revealed a case of several incidents of rape that got swept under the carpet, by the elders, the parents, the society who was contacted through the legal department/service desk and the victim.

The documents represent the notes from the JC and leave gaps in what all was discussed and what was known. I am not going to be specific as the details are disjointed and many questions left unanswered.

A 16 year old girl whose family was moving north, came to stay with her cousin who was married. She was given some beer as the 3 of them watched some adult movies and the girl lost consciousness. This happened several times while she stayed with this couple. A couple of times she awoke to being sexually touched by both of them. Although not stated specifically it appears both husband and wife were involved in a threesome with an inebriated or unconscious 3rd party.

Although the notes do not use the word rape, and the girl continued to be drawn in by watching movies and drinking again and again, it becomes clear from what she told them that she had in fact been penetrated repeatedly.

At one point the girl believes she was drugged as she didn't think there was that much alcohol consumed. The couple maintained that what "really" happened was innocent enough although admitting it was inappropriate. It seemed that there was an initial complaint from the girl when she went to join her family but since stories were changing and the couple who raped the girl felt remorse and no one knew about it (outside the elders involved) it was handled and the couple lost some privileges.

I also got the impression that the father who originally brought his daughter to the elders had changed his mind and did not want to be drawn into a long complicated judicial affair. Often times JW's move to start fresh as was the case when we moved.

Nothing was reported to the police even though the law requires it to be. The couple was not in the congregation when we moved in so they had moved away in the meantime.

I am sure that couple is plying their perversion in another JW congregation somewhere else.

(By the way I have given the documents I had to the police, there is little will to do anything about it and I think the notes prove very little in actuality. The police are often hand tied when it comes to clergy privilege even though laws exist to pierce that veil. No victim coming forward or the clerics silence makes for a dead end investigation)

Frank75

• anewme
    anewme

Frank I think a book of your memoirs would effectively discourage anyone from joining the Watchtower cult!

Thankyou everyone!

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

As far as I know, the most exciting thing was caused by me!! Imagine that!!

When I ran away from home, I literally "disappeared" for 2 weeks. No one knew where I was. The elder's and my stepdad would cruise downtown where all the teenager's cruised on the weekends. I'd see them, but they'd never see me. They had the police and everyone looking for me. I was told by my friend's they were drilling everyone. Only one of my non-jw friend's knew where I was, and she wasn't talking.

I heard stories that I was pregnant, and had run off. That I was holed up in a "drug house". That I ran off to get married. And all kinds of things.

Not long after that they had a local needs talk on obeying your parents!!

• anewme
    anewme

Crazy, that was incredible!!! How old were you??? How could you stay out two weeks??? Do you remember the whole incident? Was it fun for you? Were you scared? That is a long time to escape successfully.
    Did you get in BIG TROUBLE afterwards????

You're funny.

I forgot to comment on STEALTH'S STORY---------- "Incoming! Incoming!" Ha ha ha!!! But also sad! Poor guy!
    Only vets know how bloody awful war time hysteria is.
    Thankyou Stealth for that funny story!

Anyone else? Hmmm?????

Anewme

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb
    Crazy, that was incredible!!! How old were you??? How could you stay out two weeks??? Do you remember the whole incident? Was it fun for you? Were you scared? That is a long time to escape successfully.
    Did you get in BIG TROUBLE afterwards????

I had just turned 17, and was fed up. I was in my parents car doing errands. I found out there was to be ANOTHER elder's meeting that night. Another jw teen and I had gone riding around with some "worldly" boys from school the previous weekend. She ratted us out. So I snapped, went to my "real" grandmother's house, that i hadn't seen in years. She contacted my real dad, and I decided to go to him.

I decided to wait a couple weeks, and have some fun. I had met a "wordly" boy, my first love during this. So, I stayed with an aunt that lived way out in the country. I learned how to party at this time, and run around with "normal" kids, that did "normal" things. I even went to the high school I had gone to my whole life, and they gave me my records, without calling my mom!! (They didn't care too much for jw's.)

During that two weeks, I played cat and mouse with the elder's and my stepdad. Everyone riding around downtown knew about this, they'd "box" their car in if they were riding downtown at night. It was great.

They even had the sheriff's dept looking for me. But I went to school with 2 of his sons, and he told my parents they wouldn't force me home.

Needless to say, after the local needs talk on obeying your parents, I was disfellowshipped. Before school started that fall, I went back to Missouri to get my clothes. An elder who lived close by stopped at the house. He wanted to know where I stood!! I laughed so hard in his face. (He was a short, pompous asshole), and told him that they no longer had any power over me. I got back in the car, and left for Texas.

The 2 weeks I spent "hiding" from them, I was right under their nose. But, I found my freedom. I was told it was the talk of the circuit for years.

• anewme
    anewme

Yes, 17 is a significant year. I can see how fed up you were Crazyblondedeb. Im glad to hear you had some relatives who were there for you. You werent scared at all were you? YOU HAD FUN!

Well, at 17 I too left my family. But it was the other way around. I left a highly dysfunctional alcoholic family to join the more rigid disciplined controlling cult organization. It took me another 35 years to get to the crazy point you got to and leave.

Good story for the young ones Crazyblondedeb!

Have we exhausted this subject? (Probably never!!!)

• besty
    besty

couple of things - at a District Convention (Leeds probably mid '80's) these two teenage boys go off to the pub at lunchtime for a few games of pool. one thing leads to another and they have a few beers. well anyway they really let go and top it off with a few brandies and a cigar each - can you believe it? so they get back to the DC late after lunch and have to push by everybody to get to their seats, smelling of booze and cigars - you can imagine - well anyway their lunchtime activity only came to light because one of the boys can't handle the session and decides he has to chuck his guts up right there during the talk - so the noise aside - he's left sitting on top of this stinking pile of vomit and its running down the steps into the row in front - all you can smell is brandy and cigars - everybody turning round to see whodunnit - classic! the other story makes me laugh still - me and my best mate were jointly responsible for the platform mikes and we had to sit in the front row obviously - well we were just teenagers really and any excuse to laugh our heads off was taken readily. the elders had words with us more than once so it makes it worse when you are trying so hard not to laugh. anyway we'd managed a whole meeting with no outbursts so were like quite proud of ourselves. the final song is announced and we both stand up to sing. my mate is 5'10 and I'm 6 foot and you have this mental perception of where you expect to see somebody when you look at them. (I'm laughing just typing this, 20 years later) I glance at him beside me and he's taller than me - I'm looking up at him - it was like david blane levitating - how can that be? he's grown three inches during the meeting - impossible but true! so i look down at his feet and he standing on his briefcase. well that was it - I just lost it. Crying with laughter - shaking shoulders - the works - I more or less peed my pants on the spot - 2 hours of not laughing wiped out in one massive eruption. Then had to go and adjust the mike for the prayer. hope you guys find that as funny as I do. :-)

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Frank75...you should write a book.

PM me, we may know each other.

• anewme
    anewme

Besty that was great! Two knuckle-head teens! I just love teenagers! Honestly! They are still kids and full of fun! They look almost like adults but that is sooooo misleading!! Girls as well as boys are so goofy and full of themselves at that age. Looking back they are simply adorable.

Precious story of teenage giggle boys Besty!

Thankyou!

Anewme

• Frank75
    Frank75

Frank75...you should write a book.

Stealth:

I have contemplated 2 books. First and foremost I want to write a book on the the Anti Christ. I believe I can make a very good readable book based on my experience with "religion" yet without relying on the dubs as a back drop. I believe that our experiences as dubs although extreme are basically what happens in any church to one degree or another.

The next book would deal with the secret letters and cover ups of the Watchtower including anecdotal experiences such as I have posted here. The book would mostly consist of publishing letters of introduction that I spirited away from the files when I left. Here everyone can see that elders of the JW's have an incredible knack for assassinating peoples character without really appearing to do so, even feigning love and concern for the person while doing it.

Anyone who has ever moved congregations without knowing what was said about them would find it very informative.

Who would publish that? No idea!

Frank75

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit