Has anyone been in one of the dramas while a JW?

by Nowman 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Numinous
    Numinous

How do you dress a "worldly girl"? I was in a drama in the 80's, a "witness girl" and positively hated the guidelines for how we were to dress. I also made this outfit, a scoop-neck dopplar sleve number with an elastic waist skirt. The Genesis song that contains the words "get me outta here" kept rolling through my mind.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

When playing Israelites, us pasty folk had to wear panty hose to make us look swarthy. I got my mother to buy a pair for me. That's the only time I've worn them. Honest.

• Gregor
    Gregor

I was in a big costume drama, my part was about Jesus saying to pay back Caesars things to Caesar...etc. At the time the society policy for local casting was that only married couples could depict married couples. I suppose this was to discourage temptations of the flesh.

• Spectre
    Spectre

I was in one in '76 or so. I was the widow's son that Elijah resurrected. My mom was the widow and my step-dad played a bit part where he threw Jezebel out the window.

• Kudra
    Kudra

Spec-

Was Jezebel a hottie?

:P

• Spectre
    Spectre

I was too young to notice.

If I remember right, she was quite hot.

• juni
    juni

I was never in a drama, but I would've seen your performance Nikki cause I was at the Hawthorne Race Track (ugh!) assemblies. What a place! D I R T Y

But I don't remember your performance! lol Sorry. Enjoyed reading your thread and posts. Have a great weekend w/your family and your new little one.

Juni

I remember the Jezebel drama!! She had all this troweled on makeup and looked u g l y. It was really wild when she got tossed and the dogs were snarling....... (taped of course) lol Everyone around us were disturbed cause of the unseen dogs eating her; I was laughing behind my hands.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I think I may have seen you there too Nikki ...sorry your performance does not come to mind though . We were assigned to Hawthorne for a few yrs. finally we started skipping around and ended up going to Springfield ,IL . @the Prairie Capitol Center much better place.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered
    Re: Has anyone been in one of the dramas while a JW?

Not I, but my son who was about 15 or 16 back then, was "privileged," and had the "honor," of playing a part in one. It was one of those exaggerated "modern day" dramas.

The rehearsals which took over the entire spring & summer weekends of that year, were grueling at best. Talk about reaching the epitome of watchtower "top." Wow my son is in a drama. Little did we know when we accepted the assignment, that we would have to do it two weeks in a row at two different district conventions. All cost at my expense. We even had Sam Herd (now GB), who was the convention overseer back then, approve... that what we all had practiced for months, met with his approval of "going on with the show."

In retrospect, it was not worth it. My son would have loved playing little league baseball instead. Who's ass can I kick aside from mine, for such a perverted waste of time?

Dismembered

• skeptic1914
    skeptic1914

Yes. In 1980 if memory serves. There was a drama involving Isaac young, middled-aged and dying. I played the middle-aged one. Brief part really but it was cool. What I remember is, because we did this at a race track (Belmont on Nassau-Queens border in L.I., NY), we actually had TWO separate casts, playing left and right of the stage, on the grass.

A bummer part was that the night before one the young kids in the cong, newly married, was killed in a car accident. People were crying during make-up, etc. The CO let the crowd know after the drama.

Skeptic1914

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit