Ever get spanked for pulling your dress up in the meeting when little?

by White Dove 43 Replies latest jw friends

• KW13
    KW13

Not for wearing a dress but i got dragged out back a few times - seemed to be a dub favourite.

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

i see nothing funny about it. i understand my getting smacked at home for doing something wrong as a child. but i see nothing funny about little kids getting the shit kicked out of them for not being able to sit straight for 2 hours. and the dress thing would have been worth the smack. never had the luck. to get such a well deserved smack

• juni
    juni

Hi WhiteDove!

I raised 4 kids in the JW religion - only have one daughter. Absolutely not! About the spankings.

I remember at assemblies when kids were getting wailed on in the Women's bathroom. Belts came out too. It was awful.

I've made peace w/my kids. They know that I did what I thought was right. For that I'm thankful.

Juni

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Well... seein as I am a fella - I didn't wear dresses... but my older sisters did.

I remember one time when I was about 5 or 6 - my sister was wearing one of her pretty dresses - with those half-slips - you know the kind - it was popular in the late 50's and early 60's. It had lots of netting material, and made the skirts stand out full. Anyway, my mom was taking care of getting her hair combed or something, and I noticed that a portion of her dress was flipped revealing the slip netting underneath. So I reached over and smoothed down her dress to cover the slip - like it should be.

Well... I caught all hell. My mom gave me the longest - sternest - lecture I have _ever_ gotten! (Both of them thought that I was trying to peek under her dress - which I wasn't.) Anyway, after like what seemed to be an hour of lecture - me shrinking all the way to the floor - my face red from embarrassment... I was finally given a chance to speak.

I timidly mentioned that I wasn't trying to lift her dress, but smooth it out, as it had been flipped up.

Instead of getting an apology for being lambasted - I got the usual stern... "Oh. Well, just make sure that you _don't_ lift her skirt." ... and that was that.

Regards,

Jim TX

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    i see nothing funny about it.

I understand there's nothing funny about getting beaten stupid by your parents (as I endured the same thing), but you REALLY should see what I look like in a dress :)

• White Dove
    White Dove

I'm very sorry. I meant the guys who commented about their dresses, not the serious "beat the sh!t out of us every meeting." I'm sorry.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Wait. I said it right. I said the part of getting beaten was for all of us. The dress part was for the girls. No, it is not funny at all.

• White Dove
    White Dove

FYI: Not many little girls pulled their skirts up, but when they sat down the already too short skirt (they grew out of last year) naturally pulled up. I remember gripping the end of my skirt the whole meeting so it would not pull up when I moved a little. Some girls pulled it up on purpose to hide because of shyness. I saw that alot. Dresses were good for hiding behind when meeting strangers. Did our parents think we were trying to be sexy? That's sick! Why the beating for it? I still don't get it.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Physical assault on people is illegal unless it is against someone much much smaller and younger than yourself, then you can beat the crap out of them with impunity. That is how the law sounds to me. I will never sanction assault on any living thing, EVER! The "rod" is a METAPHORE!!! No one ever asked why little girls pull up their skirts sometimes. No one stops to notice if the skirt is just too short and they are not really doing it. They just get beat on the spot with no Q's asked. Oh yeah, THAT's love. Ok, I'm really angry here. I need to stop. Bye-bye!

• kifoy
    kifoy

Spank a little girl for pulling up a dress? That's insane! They're children!
    I've never heard of that here.

I do remember a girl in my cong, she might have been between 10-11 at that time, quite childish for her age, and very clumsy. Close to the end of the meeting she sometimes was allowed to visit the toilet. When she came back, she one (or more) time(s) would have her dress stuck into her pantyhose. One time she came back from the toilet (in the middle of the last prayer!), whith dress stuck into her pantyhose -- together with a strip of toilet paper!!!

The first time we just giggled a little bit. The other time, in the middle of that prayer (of course we had to peek...), me and my friend just _died_ of laughter, trying desperately to keep it quiet. OMG... :-D

Poor girl... :-)
    No spanking occured after none of these events, as far as I know.

kifoy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit