According to Oct.1st 2012 WT Directions- Past Child Molesters CAN Be Appointed Elders

by flipper 86 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• flipper
    flipper

Considering the fact that the WT Society refuses to release in courts ANY of it's written directions to elders through confidential letters to elder bodies- I thought I'd do the courts and WT Society a "favor " by posting excerpts from this Oct 1st. 2012 letter from the WT Society to all bodies of elders. These instructions are VERY exposing of the negligence of WT authorities in how they view the seriousness of felony child abuse. I'm sure excerpts of these instructions have been posted here before - however with the recent exposure on PBS and Revealnews.com. I felt it was important to let exiting JW's or others know exactly what the written direction is from the WT Society to elders in congregations. Which rank & file JW's know nothing about.

From Oct. 1st, 2012 point - 22. " It cannot be said in every case that one who has sexually abused a child could never qualify for privileges of service in the congregation. However the elders will certainly want to be very cautious especially when dealing with one who had repeatedly engaged in this kind of wrongdoing or who had been disfellowshipped for such an offense. Such a man must meet Scriptural qualifications of being self-controlled and irreprehensible. He must have a fine testimony from individuals inside and outside the congregation. "

O.K. Let's talk about this. So the WT Society claims not EVERY former child molester would be disqualified from serving in a position of oversight in congregations ? That's what it says. You read it correctly. What I don't understand is HOW after having molested a child can a person be considered " IRREPREHENSIBLE ? "And having a " fine testimony from individuals inside and outside the congregation " ? Oh- You mean the ones who NEVER KNEW about his molesting of children ? Those people's testimony ? Unbelievable WT Society would put children in harms way by appointing a former child molester AT ALL as an elder.

Point # 23. - " Hence privileges of service should never be extended hastily. Considerable time should always pass before one who has sexually abused a child is recommended, if ever. "

" Considerable time " ? Will that change a pedophile from ever molesting an innocent child again ? It's like, " Oh well, let's let about 5 years go by and good old boy Johnny will lose his taste for abusing children sexually . " Not. It doesn't happen that way. Message to WT Society - once a sexual child molester, always a sexual child molester. Most all of them re-offend.

Point # 24 - " If the elders as a body conclude that one who has sexually abused a child in the distant past may qualify for privileges - they should assign two elders to call the Service Department. "

Right. Like THAT will help anything. The Service Department is no more qualified to ascertain the mental or emotional disposition of a former child molester than elders are ! Richard Ash stated as much in his court deposition ! And how in the hell would a former child molester " qualify for privileges " anyway ? It's pure irresponsibility and idiocy if you ask me on WT Society's part.

Point # 26. - " It is hoped that the direction provided in this letter will help you brothers in handling matters in the congregation so as to PROTECT CHILDREN FROM SEXUAL ABUSE and at the same time BALANCE Bible based JUSTICE and MERCY. "

" Balance Bible based justice and mercy " ? How so ? By appointing men who are former child molesters as elders into the congregation again so they can have MORE access to children ? How would that " protect children from sexual abuse " ?

As you can tell this is an EXTREMELY hot topic which makes my justice streak burn inside. The REAL outside world and the court systems NEED TO KNOW what the REAL WT Society policies are regarding child abuse and need to know how the WT Society and Governing Body and Service Committee ARE putting children at risk constantly with criminal and faulty, negligent policies communicated to elders on a regular basis. What are your feelings on this ? I'm interested to hear your expressions on these communications from the WT Society to elders concerning child molesters in congregations. And their possibly being appointed again as elders. It HAS happened, and continues to happen as there are probably hundreds of former child molesters serving as elders today - some of whom probably STILL are molesting children as I write this. We need to make our voices known people. Have a good weekend

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Dude! flipper thank you! My brother called me a liar and full of BS, because back when he was an elder I'd say 8-10 years ago he claims molesters could never be used (elder MS etc.) He loved throwing that in my face. Told me I was "full of Bull$hit". This is huge.

Anyway to see this letter?

• HeyThere
    HeyThere
    This sht pisses me off. Extremely so. I hate that my husband is still so blinded by this cult.
  • flipper
    flipper
    FREEMINDFADE- The poster named Atlantis has tons of links to confidential letters from the WT Society to the elders so perhaps you could PM him and he'd send you the link to the October 1st, 2012 WT Society letter to the elders . Hope that helps. Tell your brother you can show him proof otherwise. Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper
  • flipper
    flipper
    HEY THERE- This $hit pisses me off too- one reason I occasionally post threads like this. To wake people up and give access to needed information. Hang in there, Peace out, Mr. Flipper
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp

Great post.

It's unbelievable that they would let these sick predators EVER to have contact with children or their families. We can only hope that the media and attorneys will continues to put this info out there to the public. I think it is starting to happen. It will snowball..I believe that.

Stephen Lett said absolutely NOTHING about the countless lives that have been affected by the pedos or the harm to children and their families.

I don't think the JW religion will go away but I do think it's growth is stagnant, the money is not coming in and the masses are feeling beat down and tired (no encouragement, no kudos, no love and kindness). Nothing positive is happening and it shows.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

The most important thing is that the flock are told that these men do measure up to the high standards, therefore they will trust them more than the other "brothers". If their kids go to play on his knee, "That's OK, he is an elder " , is the attitude...See this from :

Wt 2007 4/1 p 26 "Humbly Submitting to Loving Shepherds"

"6 These “gifts in men” are overseers, or elders, appointed by Jehovah and his Son, through holy spirit, to shepherd the sheep with tenderness. (Acts 20:28, 29) To begin with, these overseers were all anointed Christian men. At Revelation 1:16, 20, those who served on bodies of elders within the anointed congregation were symbolized by “stars” or “angels” in Christ’s right hand, that is, under his control. In this time of the end, however, with the number of anointed overseers still on earth ever dwindling, the vast majority of Christian elders in the congregations are of the other sheep. Since these are appointed by representatives of the Governing Body under the leadings of the holy spirit, they too can be said to be under the right hand (or, under the direction) of the Fine Shepherd, Jesus Christ. (Isaiah 61:5, 6) Since the elders in our congregations submit to Christ, the Head of the congregation, they deserve our full cooperation.—Colossians 1:18."..............
    7 Our heavenly Shepherds, Jehovah God and Jesus Christ, expect us to be obedient and submissive to the undershepherds whom they have placed in positions of responsibility within the congregation"

• flipper
    flipper

TOESUP- I agree with you. This child abuse irresponsibility of the WT Society IS starting to finally make more news and media time- and the more JW's or non-JW's who see it, hear it, and read about it- all the better. The fact that Stephen Lett said absolutely nothing about the lives that have negatively been affected and JW child victims of child abuse- testifies to the fact that in the WT leaders eyes- the bottom line of importance is the $$$$ money they'll lose in financial lawsuits - not the safety of JW children. It's disgusting.

BLUES BROTHER- Good points you make. Indeed since the GB or WT Society tells rank & file JW's that elders are allegedly appointed by " holy spirit " - then rank & file JW's are expected to TRUST these elders as you said - even if an elder holds a young child or puts them on their knee. This lowers the DEFENSES of unsuspecting JW parents so that the thought of NOT trusting elders never even comes into their minds ! It's a form of mind control that the WT Society has masterfully instilled into most each and every JW's mind and then the result is TOO much trusting of elders to the point of overlooking their wrongs- because they aren't supposed to be considered untrustworthy. It's pretty twisted but it's how the WT Society indoctrinates these people and conditions their minds. Very dangerous

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

According to Jwleaks, the letter is publically available.

See this thread, and click the link Jwleaks provided for the letter download..

"jwleaks 2 years ago

JW LEAKS has published the written submission, and annexures, made by Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of Australia to the "Inquiry into the Handling of Child Abuse by Religious and other Organisations" and dated April 9, 2013.

Included is a copy of the October 1, 2012 Body of Elders letter on the handling of child abuse. This places the letter into public domain and now means it can be shared internationally."

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/257673/australia-child-abuse-inquiry-written-submission-watchtower-society-including-october-1-2012-boe-child-abuse-handling-letter-july-28-2013

• flipper
    flipper

DEFENDER OF TRUTH- Thanks so much for providing the link to the October 1st, 2012 WT letter to the elders about child abuse policies . I appreciate it !

FREEMINDFADE- Check the link out ! Thanks again Defender of Faith

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit