Bitter!!

by Gill 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Gill
    Gill

During many of my discussions with my parents about the WT and what I feel about their book publishing company, my mother loves to hurl the word 'Bitter!' You're Bitter! You're Bitter because you Know we're right! You're bitter because you can't live up to God's standards! etc

To be honest, as soon as they hurl the word 'Bitter' it makes me smile or laugh because I know it's a word that has been imprinted into their minds by the WTBTS as an all encompassing insult to people who leave the WT. Can I be bitter if it makes me laugh and laugh!?

What used to hurt a lot, their attitude towards me and mine for leaving the WT Society, actually makes me smile and laugh now!

So, how do you fell when dubbies hurl the word 'Bitter' at you? Does it still annoy you or does it amuse you as a mark of the strength of mind control on your former friends and family? Did you used to accuse apostates of being 'bitter'?

• FairMind
    FairMind

Well, I guess a lot of us ARE bitter. We have a lot to be bitter about, the lies, coldness and persecution received from within.

• Gill
    Gill

FairMind! Good point! Perhaps 'bitter' is a problem to someone if they feel 'bitter' towards everything and make their lives miserable, but if they have reason to feel 'bitter' towards ONE person, thing, organization that has caused them pain, then maybe 'bitterness' is only natural when felt towards that one thing.

• carla
    carla

Is it bitterness or righteous indignation? Is it bitterness to find out about the pedophile issue or righteous anger? Bitterness or righteous indignation to learn about the broken families & marriages, deaths/blood policy/medical quackery, abuses, shunning, etc.......?

Can't live up to 'bible standards'? Which ones would those be? A janitor telling you how you should wear your hair, facial hair, length of dress, makeup, jewelry, household decorations, etc......... The day they can point to any of the rules & regulations of the man made publishing company in the bible will be the day pigs can fly.

• FairMind
    FairMind

I've never seen a pig fly but I have seen a Horse fly!! Good point though.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

The use of the word bitter, is their antagonistic defense mechanism that is used to make a "defense for their watchtower faith" and bug you.

Dismembered

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

There are only two different reactions we all have to what has happened to us in life. We can be Bitter or Better. I chose Better, that is what I tell my family.

Leslie

• Gill
    Gill

Carla - Righteous Indignation - I will remember that!

Dismembered - I too think it's one of those 'flying insults' they like to give out to irritate. It used to irritate but now I know why it's hurled, it's just a mark of their slavedom!

LeslieV - 'Better'! I wil remember to use that in future if I am ever forced to again.. Brilliant!

• anewme
    anewme

Consider this, anything held controlled and captured that now wants to leave will be viewed with derision.
    Anything that was always free to go, will not be viewed in bad light when it desires to leave.

Who is the bitter one?

• Gill
    Gill

The 'bitter' one, is the one still left behind, still trapped and bound, wanting to be free but just not realising what that means.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit