It was a BobbleHead Memorial

by Mad 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Mad
    Mad

The funniest Head-Bobbing I've ever seen- and at the most important Commeration there is! What made it ridiculous is that the speaker wore glasses that magnified the endless bobbing of his eyes, as he fought valiantly to keep from bobbing his head too much, as he read his little speech written by HQ, as a good parrot would...The same stupid statements- "Questions you may ask", "We do well to", "But, Wait!", "Question you may ask", etc. Then the ONE thing that REALLY disgusted me: "We all benefit by Jesus' ransom." HQ- and it's puppets have Benefititus! Benefit is a word denoting secondary advantages- such as "We don't PAY much, but we have GREAT benefits!" Every talk has at lease 2 or 3 "benefits" in it- usually much more, along with some "more fullys"! (Never figured out what a "Fully" is....

We BENEFIT form the Ransom....They just can't think for themselves anymore...We are SAVED, Forgiven, enlightened, overjoyed, empowered, freed and INSPIRED by the ransom...and BobbleHead read "We benefit by Jesus' ransom."

This reveals a WHOLE NEW MEANING to Christ's admonition to "ENDURE to the end!"

Mad

• GoddessRachel
    GoddessRachel

Mad, why did you have to go? Just wondering your personal circumstances???

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

JWs have their own language - the Pure Language. Only since I left did I realise it was Pure Shite!

• Tristram
    Tristram
    "We all benefit by Jesus' ransom." HQ- and it's puppets have Benefititus!

LOL. "Benefit" is the possibly the most (over)used word in the org. I personally can't stand it, and avoid using it at all costs.

• Confession
    Confession

I used to think that "appreciate" was the most overused word at the Kingdom Hall.

"And this helps us to appreciate the need to express appreciation to Jehovah for Christ's shed-blood sacrifice, appreciating that it was done on our behalf. And if we really appreciate this, it will also motivate us to show our appreciation by sharing in the ministry. We can receive God's appreciative smile of approval."
  • *jeremiah*
    *jeremiah*

....yet another JW teaching nowhere to be found in the Bible.

Where are these JW clauses at in the Bible?

1 Thess. 5

9 For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath but to receive salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ. 10 He died for us so that, whether we are awake or asleep, we may live together with him. ( [JW speak]....we may do well to understand that this is not for us brothers,....yet we still benefit.)

Romans 3 - 22 This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, 23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. 25 God presented him as a sacrifice of atonement, [ i ] through faith in his blood. He did this to demonstrate his justice, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished— 26 he did it to demonstrate his justice at the present time, so as to be just and the one who justifies those who have faith in Jesus. (This isn't referring to us either,...yet we benefit.)

1 John 2 - 2 He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for [ a ] the sins of the whole world.

1 John 4 - 10 This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for [c] our sins.

John 1 - 29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

I

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Of course they simply have to "benefit" from the ransom. If they don't go to 5 meetings a week or put in 10 hours a month, Jehober still hates them. They're not part of a covenant, and can't be rulers. They don't partake of this meal, and so are there merely to say "no thanks" to Jesus.

99.99% percent of them have nothing to do with this night; they are saved by endless works. No wonder this is just a "benefit" for them. If you come tonight, and do your works, then you just might be saved.

He was right to say it was merely a benefit.

• Mad
    Mad

Goddess wrote: Mad, why did you have to go? Just wondering your personal circumstances???

Mad writes: I NEVER have to- I want to: I know it to be Truth, GR- just an organization that appears to be getting SENILE & Self-Righteous - as the Apostles were, at one time-to me! Mad
  • Mad
    Mad

Tristam wrote: LOL. "Benefit" is the possibly the most (over)used word in the org. I personally can't stand it, and avoid using it at all costs. Mad wrtites: Same here, as well as "More Fully"- and ESPECIALLY "Banquet of Spirtual Food"! YECCH! Gives me Spiritual Indigestion! Agape, Your Mad Brother!

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Amen, Jeremiah!

Those texts show how partaking of the Real Jesus delivers power, hope, and future. Sadly, the Jw's don't partake of Him. Or for that matter the emblems that represent him. They fail to 'Remember me, as often as you do this.' They want to - but a curtain has been falsely placed between them and the supposed Master of their faith. So sad to me. The curtain that was rent on the grand night of his offering, has been stitched together again by those without the authority to do so.

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit