What do so called wprldly people think of Witnesses

by Axeman 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

A good question..One I wanted to know also..So I asked..The word "liars" came up alot..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

To all of the posters on this thread to this point, "Well done." There's alot of truth being told here. The Witnesses are a factor only to themselves. And an ex-Witness(not all I'm sure, but most) is a real brother or sister.

Happy Non-Memorial to all,

Nvr

• rose petal
    rose petal

In my experience, lots of people have relatives that are Borg or got out, and they all just think that they are nuts. I think there's a lot of people out there that have had contact with the Borg (love that expression, love Start Trek).

My boyfriends got a sister that's a Witness. He says she's a 40 year old neurotic virgin!

A friend's mother used to study, but wouldn't give up smoking, same as my mother who studied in the 50's!

A friend of my mother's goes crazy every time she's visisted by Witnesses. She tells them that my ex was a bast***.

So, yes, considering the 100 years of witnessing, they haven't made much of an impression.

rose petal

• alphafemale
    alphafemale

My father, (not a JW), used to work with a couple of JWs, (one of them was a ministerial servant), before he retired. He always said they were lazy and spent all their time talking and not working. He despised them!

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

Lady Lee started a really good thread on finding out what normal people think of JWs.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/105543/1.ashx

Rachel

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Before I had any real knowledge about them, I used to see them as ordinary folks with weird beliefs and they used to sell books and mags until they started giving them for free.

I think my parents used to buy the books and stuff just to get rid of them quicker but now that it's all free you can't do that!

I still think they're weird now, when they're on door-to-door work, they hang around in gangs and aren't very friendly even if you smile and say 'hello' (mind you, I live in an area where you don't trust strangers even if they look friendly lol!). The only JW's I have any real sense of normality with are the ones who I studied with and they still bring me mags and anything else I ask for. They're really nice, friendly folk.

• Amnesty Vendor
    Amnesty Vendor

Interesting thread.

I was actually somewhat surprised at the impact (or lack of) WTS is having on the world in general.

All of those years inside, I would have sworn that EVERYONE knew when we were having a convention, a special tract campaign or even our presence in their neighborhoods.

After leaving, I eventually stepped over a tract on the street and realized that this was a special effort by the local JWs.
    Absolutely, NOT ONE of my neighbors had the slightest clue what was happening.
    This was just more 'junk mail' to toss out with the grocery store coupons, which actually caught more attention.

Years ago, I was privileged to give a special Sunday talk where a tract was released. What a Joke!
    How could they not notice the sparkle that we put on those stadium toilets?
    We just gotta be servants of the true god!

I try not to think about all the years of the work and sacrifice that was made to support this kind of cr*p.
    It is really too sad.

• carla
    carla

What do so called worldly people think of witnesses? Freaks.

If they know anything at all it is that they won't salute the flag, possibly no blood, anti Christmas, and they dress in full dress clothes no matter the weather. Then the uninformed person will tell me a negative story about jw's, I knew a jw who...... my friend....... all negative, never once have I heard a positive story. Oh wait I take that back, my Aunt thinks they are not all bad because she had a friend growing up who was a jw and her mom would buy her a new outfit before Christmas break was over so the girl wouldn't feel left out when everybody came back with new clothes from Christmas. Well all's good then, right?

• jgnat
    jgnat

What does the rest of the world think of Jehovah's Witnesses? Hardly at all. Here are quotes, almost verbatim from some of my friends:

"I have witness friends. They sure know how to party!"

"They totally ruined the funeral for my son's friend. They were rude and uncaring to anyone who was not one of them. I know all about the Jehovahs and I won't have anything to do with them."

"They are pretty hypocritical aren't they?"

"Jehovahs, they don't celebrate Birthdays or Christmas do they?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit