Why am I still surprised at these?

by OnTheWayOut 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings Done4Good,

Randy Watters wrote an article in The Free Minds Journal awhile back on the credibility of THE FOUR PRESIDENTS. I will see if I can locate the issue and provide you more information. The book has Edmond C. Gruss as its editor and "author" as the author, in "hiding" to avoid "a malice unheard of in the Christian community" upon him, family and friends. [ibid., p. ix.]
    "Author," forty years a JW, was a member of the Brooklyn administrative staff and knew Knorr, Franz [Fred], Henschel, Covington, Macmillan and many of the GB. Upon leaving Bethel, "author" was offered a position as a DO, which he declined.
    I will return; I appreciate your patience..

CoCo

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

thanks

coco

• compound complex
    compound complex

From THE FOUR PRESIDENTS, page 75:

Before the hysteria began over adapting Scriptures pertaining to animal blood [44] and applying them to human blood, the Watch Tower Society had acknowledged these Scriptures PERTAINED TO ANIMAL BLOOD ONLY: "The Law of Jehovah God is against THE INTERMINGLING OF ANIMAL MATTER WITH ANY HUMAN BLOOD, as it is stated in Leviticus (chapter 17)." [45] This is proof, using their own literature, that the Scriptures in both the Old and New Testaments, used by the Watch Tower Society in the blood issue, were formerly understood to be references to the improper use of animal blood.
    But Woodworth, joined by the unpredictable Fred Franz, thought nothing of applying all animal blood verses to human blood, and especially in the modern life-saving technique of blood transfusions for humans. [emphasis: E.C. Gruss.]

footnotes:

44. These required that the "rest of the blood" offered as a
    sacrifice was to be poured out on the ground, and not to
    be eaten.

45. THE GOLDEN AGE, April 24, 1935, 465.

Compound-Complex

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Purplesofa,

You're very welcome! It's amazing how years later we discover something like this! Likewise with my teacher of 38 years ago at Bethel - Ed Dunlap. When I read one year ago about how horribly he was treated and, yet, how he stood up to the GB, I was moved to take the position I now occupy. About six of his family members were DFd for assisting him after his ouster from Bethel.
    One man's good deeds have had a truly profound effect! And the deeds of Freddie and Clay????????????? We know the answer to that one.

Thanx!

CoCo

• Clam
    Clam

Wow CoCo. As I've said on this board before, the short account of Ed Dunlap in CofC I found incredibly poignant. Ed sounded such a nice guy. They really dumped on him from a great height. What they've done to people and no doubt will continue doing is about as unchristian as it gets. Tragic.

Clam

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hey Clam,

Hope I'm not hijacking here - apologies to OTWO! Looked up more on Ed Dunlap in THE FOUR PRESIDENTS, pages 89, 90. He contended that ALL God's servants have holy spirit, not merely the elitist anointed. The outcome of the JC?

"They [JC] immediately began to take steps to correct
    the glaring breakdown in mental discipline. [Dunlap was
    prevailing in his argumentation] They quickly disfellowshipped
    the courageous Dunlap to prevent any other members
    from talking to him."

This is the type scenario a former Bethelite referred to as taking a stand for THE TRUTH in "the Truth."

Thanx!

CoCo

• Clam
    Clam

Getting back to the subject matter, I found this quote. Not only are the WTS merely a printing and publishing company but Jehovah himself appears to have been involved in the commercial enterprise, either at the manufacturing end or at the seed funding stage -

"The interpretation of prophecy, therefore, is not from man, but is from Jehovah; and Jehovah causes events to come to pass in fulfillment of the prophecy in due time.

It is his truth, and not man's ; and when men attempt to give the honor and glory for the message of truth to a man or men, such make fools of themselves.

Jehovah provides the machinery, the printing presses, and all materials for the purpose of preparing his fiery message that must be poured out or scattered upon ‘Christendom’...

They carry the message of truth to the people in printed form;.... They go from house to house, carrying the message of truth in printed form of books and magazines."

WT 5/1/1938 page 143

Clam

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Jehovah provides the machinery, the printing presses, and all materials for the purpose of preparing his fiery message that must be poured out or scattered upon ‘Christendom’...

Tell that to a starving child

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I was out for a couple days. Thanx CoCo for filling in information, and all for your thoughts. I am
    glad I am not the only one surprised by such possibilities.

The statement I originally quoted from CoCo's thread has that "ring of truth" to me. If that means
    anything to anybody, otherwise it's like a detective's hunch.

Any others surprised by the Book Publishing Company's reason for studying a particular book
    so many times?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit